• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Let's hear you all playing your most Boomer-like bends

Just post your clips, solos, songs of, or featuring, your most telling Boomer-bends. Don't be shy. Boomer-bends are only going to be unfashionable for fifteen minutes or so, ergo there's only a small window here to completely blow your cool and be the saddest dork out there.

I'll start:

"That cat's something I can't explain" - Lucifer Sam.

Bends - yes.
What is meant by 'boomer bends' - I highly doubt it.

My instrument has no frets; Scales are played by bending strings. When you hear chords, it's because I'm bending six strings independently at once.

That is actually pretty damn good. Really out there though, and quite challenging listening. It sounds quite organic.

But not Boomer-bends alas. You fail the Boomer-bend test by being too cool.

I would boomer bend but I am waiting for my Les Paul Custom to boomer bend properly. Cannot boomer bend on a cheap guitar a person with student debt and no house could afford.

I play US Strats. They were not that expensive when I bought them but then again I've never had a lot of spare cash, so I feel for you. A real guitarist can't do any of it on any less than a Custom Shop relic and a Dumble really. We all have to get by on what we have.

rizla

Bends - yes.

My instrument has no frets; Scales are played by bending strings. When you hear chords, it's because I'm bending six strings independently at once.

I might be insane so maybe I got the wrong message - but that made me laugh! In a good way. Thats some really joyous stuff!

Good work!

Last edited:

Pick53766

I play US Strats. They were not that expensive when I bought them but then again I've never had a lot of spare cash, so I feel for you. A real guitarist can't do any of it on any less than a Custom Shop relic and a Dumble really. We all have to get by on what we have.
Everybody can get a Dumble if they study hard and work properly. These youngsters who feel entitled instead of putting the hours in will never get past the crappy Two Rock cheapo boxes. When you look at your AmPro Strat, let it be a reminder of your failure.

TL;DR

Just post your clips, solos, songs of, or featuring, your most telling Boomer-bends. Don't be shy. Boomer-bends are only going to be unfashionable for fifteen minutes or so, ergo there's only a small window here to completely blow your cool and be the saddest dork out there.

I'll start:

Awesome boomer bends!
Bends - yes.

Mind blown!!
:bow

Everybody can get a Dumble if they study hard and work properly. These youngsters who feel entitled instead of putting the hours in will never get past the crappy Two Rock cheapo boxes. When you look at your AmPro Strat, let it be a reminder of your failure.

I think when the red one was made (in '82) they were just called Stratocasters. I bought it second-hand in '94 as it was all I could afford when I was staying with my American cousins in Brooklyn Heights.

But all players of whatever stripe or era know that putting in the hours counts a lot. You have to do your thing, but you have to do it well. And in the end, it's all about the notes and noises.

I was pretty happy with this bending, then I saw the Henson thing :(

Really good first-finger bends. Great glassy tone. Really fab bends all round. We may be old-fashioned, but sometimes there is purpose. You could join the uncool Boomer-bend kids like me if you wanted, but I think you're too good for us really.

marsos52

i really like all those boomer bend examples

at least it soinds like music

TH may not realize this style of playing evolved from generations before us

i really like all those boomer bend examples

at least it soinds like music

TH may not realize this style of playing evolved from generations before us

Tim Henson is probably making a throwaway, tongue in cheek comment, and such is the modern world, especially in print and that it's been jumped on. I've seen videos of him playing blues like lead stuff in an Ibanez showcase and he's pretty competent. Based on his technical ability and understanding of music, I'd be surprised if he wasn't someone who was trained classically, or has gone through a grading system at the very least. I've seen videos of him talking about how he composes via MIDI on a digital piano.

In short, I'd be surprised if he didn't have more of an understanding of the history of music than a lot of us.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom