Let's Play a Game...

cam.man67

So you're out of town to do a pretty lucrative gig. The show is in the evening, and you find out some tweaker has stolen your guitar! Amp and effects are still there, so no worries on that end. You have $300 in your pocket and a couple of large guitar retailers close by. What do you do? What guitar do you choose?

If I had time to do any mods, Squier '51 would be my choice. I'd buy a HB-sized p90 to throw in the bridge. Not quite the pickup combo on my personal '51, but in s pinch that would work.

If I didn't have time for mods I'd be looking for a Squier VM Tele Deluxe or VM Jazzmaster. The VMTD could benefit from the removal of the underside pole pieces, but again, that's an "if I had time".

First thing I thought of when I heard the story.;)

As for the question, I need some clarifications. First, what state? What town or city & what time is it? I'll respond after the answers.

TheoDog

Silver Supporting Member
In that situation, I would not have a specific item to purchase in mind. I would jump on TGP to ask about worthwhile music shops in whatever locale I am in, peruse the local major retailers until I got an answer or 2, then decide on what to buy based on what is available.

Blanket Jackson

Every day is like Tio's birthday
Gold Supporting Member
In this fantasy scenario do I have access to my credit cards? I don't believe that I left them in the guitar case. If so, the price limit is lifted and semi-sunny days are here again.
Then I'd hunt that thieving freak down with a pair of pliers and a blowtorch

great-case.com

a.k.a. "Mitch"
So you're out of town to do a pretty lucrative gig. The show is in the evening, and you find out some tweaker has stolen your guitar! Amp and effects are still there, so no worries on that end. You have $300 in your pocket and a couple of large guitar retailers close by. What do you do?

Lucrative gig? More than one large retailer nearby?

From these assumptions I can assume that a range of smaller, higher quality shops (w/ real Luthiers & Service) exists nearby and from one of these I'd look for a gem on the used rack. Furthermore, I'd instantly solicit the owner of this shop to spearhead a campaign to find the thief. Finally, I'd offer an endorsement / promo 'thing' at the gig to highlight the shop in return for the LOAN of the guitar.

That's what I'd do...

Trending Topics