• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Let's say I wanted to buy a Slate...

crxshdxmmy

Are there different versions? Or are they all the same?

I'm not up to speed on Neunaber gear.

Also, is the EXP thing A mandatory add on? I probably don't have room for it, so what does that mean?

Just the Slate on its own is a single effect. No presets. You just program it with the sound you want, then use it like a normal pedal.

If you add the ExP, you can program in 4 effects from the Neunaber library, and you can save 2 presets for each of those FX.
So essentially, you get 8 FX. It's well worth it. The Slate V2 without the ExP is a pretty expensive single pedal. Add the ExP and its an amazing multiFX device. I use it as my ONLY effects device, along with a Tech21 British and a Hotcake for boost.

Webizul

You can actually get two algorithms out of just the pedal (if you are using it mono), you just have to use a dummy plug in the second input. I think there is a youtube video from Neunaber on how to do it.

smitty.west

You can actually get two algorithms out of just the pedal (if you are using it mono), you just have to use a dummy plug in the second input. I think there is a youtube video from Neunaber on how to do it.
Yup, this is what I'm currently doing when I get the itch for a second Neunaber flavour. Super easy, just load whichever other algo you want into the stereo/second jack and then just plug a dummy plug (or any patch cable) into the output; voila, another effect! Just pull out the dummy plug when you want to go back to the first sound- kinda' like a ghetto footswitch. Wish he'd make a "deluxe" version.

TheoDog

Silver Supporting Member
Can you actually use 8 presets of the same algo with the ExP?
What about tap tempo on the delays? Not a problem, just asking for clarity.

shinksma

I can't answer your second question - I haven't looked at tap tempo one way or the other.

But yeah, the EXP allows you to load up to 4 pedals models, with two presets each. You can load up the same model 4 times, and set 2 different presets for each instantiation, so therefore you would have 8 presets of the same model available.

Personally, I prefer to load up 4 different models, and just have the 2 presets each, because you can still change on the fly (but it then becomes the currently selected preset).

NHBluesMan

the actual switch on the Slate pedal acts as the tap-tempo. Didn't see anything on the website about how to do it though (not sure if you need to tap lightly like the Echo Park or hold it down first like the DD7)

JonSick

I have just ordered a Slate v2. I didn't get the EXP, I want to see what the fuss is about first. A friend is bringing it back for me from the States.

If I decide I want an EXP with it then it's not too much bother to get one later on.

deadlands

the actual switch on the Slate pedal acts as the tap-tempo. Didn't see anything on the website about how to do it though (not sure if you need to tap lightly like the Echo Park or hold it down first like the DD7)
If you have the effect setup with the footswitch secondary functions, you can then just hold the footswitch for few seconds to get to the TT mode. What the secondary footswitch function does is dependent on which effect. For example, with the Shimmer reverb you can use the footswitch to turn the Shimmer on or off giving you essentially a Wet Reverb and Shimmer in one effect.

The advanced manual for the V2 pedals explains everything.

http://neunaber.net/pages/user-guides

lv

Silver Supporting Member
Can it do plate verb and the tape delay at the same time?

Webizul

Just saw a Slate V2 with EXP in the emporium (no relation to seller). Didnt check to see if it was a good price though.

Delayed Delay

I'm sure you know this Nick, but it doesn't HAVE to be a Slate... essentially all of the V2 stereo Neunaber pedals are "Slates"... a Chroma Chorus can become a Seraphim Shimmer, a Stereo Wet can become a Tape delay or Chroma Chorus, and so on...

I've got a new Stereo Wet on my board that's loaded with the Seraphim Shimmer. And I've got a Chroma Chorus that's loaded with the Wet Reverb.

But you probably want the Slate for the blank graphics... so I digress. ;)

Trending Topics