• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Lets see some H/S Strats

ledzep618

IMO the best pickup layout...mine started life as an MIM Strat...only original thing is the body. Warmoth 24.75" neck, Bareknuckle Nailbomb in the bridge/SD SSL-2 in the neck, each wired to its own volume and a master tone. Callaham block and graphtech saddles. Sperzel locking tuners. All in for under $1K and it's bar none my best playing guitar.

handtrix

OP
I like h/h & s/s/s as well, but for my s/h I have a master push/push Tone l use with an .05 p&o; which also splits the humbucker. Also have a DPDT for coil cancelling to make it a singlecoil. Deciding on a spin-s-split and a treble bleed of sorts...

hmm... Pickup cover ? Let's see the Zebra ;-)

JPIndustrie

This is my favorite config...

Even for LP type guitars. If I made a signature LP it would have a p 90 in the neck + HB in bridge.

My no 1 custom built 68
-ish hot rod strat has an EMG HA in the neck with a hot HB in the bridge (currently a chrome covered 81x... amazing pickup) ... 2 independent volumes , I can get any tone from super clean hendrixian to heavy djent and beyond... but it still sounds just the way I want it through a hot rosed Marshall for that brown sound

ledzep618

OP
I like h/h & s/s/s as well, but for my s/h I have a master push/push Tone l use with an .05 p&o; which also splits the humbucker. Also have a DPDT for coil cancelling to make it a singlecoil. Deciding on a spin-s-split and a treble bleed of sorts...

hmm... Pickup cover ? Let's see the Zebra ;-)
I thought about wiring up some sort of coil splitting situation, but honestly the nailbomb and SSL-2 blend really well in the middle position of my 3 way switch. I was acutally taken aback by how balanced they sound together so I figured I'd keep it simple.

My other humbucker guitars all have zebras so I figured it was time for a change lol

RLD

Silver Supporting Member
IMO the best pickup layout...mine started life as an MIM Strat...only original thing is the body. Warmoth 24.75" neck, Bareknuckle Nailbomb in the bridge/SD SSL-2 in the neck, each wired to its own volume and a master tone. Callaham block and graphtech saddles. Sperzel locking tuners. All in for under $1K and it's bar none my best playing guitar.

Your reflection in that HB is unsettling...

59Bassman

Plank Cranker
Gold Supporting Member
Strat in everything but the name on the headstock. Charvel MIJ Pro Mod with a DiMarzio Tone Zone in the bridge and a Fast Track in the neck (yeah, I know, technically not a "S" but I needed output to keep up with the TZ). This was my favorite pickup setup circa 1989. See Michael Wilton, Chris DeGarmo. George Lynch, Warren DeMartini, and Vito Bratta.

freedom's door

THis thread is right on time, since i want my next guitar to be an H-S superstrat with a Floyd. Looking forward to more pics.

Strat in everything but the name on the headstock. Charvel MIJ Pro Mod with a DiMarzio Tone Zone in the bridge and a Fast Track in the neck
Love that blue Charvel 59Bassman!!!

Da Geezer

Mine can be anything I want....currently Single size HH
Absolutely my favorite guitar to play....such fun! And tremendous tone :cool:

'88 Yamaha, refinned to aged Inca silver

Totally Bored

Fender Classic 60's in Canary Diamond
Dimarzio 67
Dimarzio 67
Seymour Duncan Custom
Fishman Powerbridge and Powerchip

Squier Vintage Modified 70's in Vintage White
Dimarzio 67
Dimarzio 67
Seymour Duncan JB

deejaid

Silver Supporting Member
My EVH inspired Strat. 1980’s vintage 16” radius neck, Guitar Mill Olympic White body, Dimarzio 36th Anniversary PAF bridge and Wilde Keystone neck pickups wired to a Q-filter.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom