Lets see that Recording Setup

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by glasman, Aug 31, 2005.

1. glasman

glasman Guest

I am always curious what other people are using for recording. Here is my modest setup.

[​IMG]

Behringer DDX3216
    Mackie SDR2496
    Pentium 4 for post work
    and a few other odds and ends.

Does a pretty fair job but sitting in a corner really does hurt the monitoring.

The 3 in 1 oil is extremely important!

Gary

2. Brusco

Brusco Member

Nice setup glasman, I'd post mine but it hasn't been conceived yet.
    Why the Behringer when you have the Mackie? Do you use the Behringer for EQ and Phantom power before the Mackie?

3. TAVD

TAVD Guitar Player Gold Supporting Member

Here's some of the gear I use, usually. Every once in a while I just record to my computer which is a Dell notebook with an Edirol UA-25.

[​IMG]

Some of this stuff changes on a monthly basis.

[​IMG]

4. glasman

glasman Guest

Thanks for the comments. The Mackie has only high level I/0 and ADAT I/O so some form of mixer is required. The Behringer is a perfect match with two ADAT cards installed in the DDX32156. This allows me 20 channel record and 24 channel playback.

All of the routing, patching, effects and what have you is done through the Behringer. You can also control some of the functions with the Behringer, locate point, transport controls etc. But I have the external controller for the Mackie which is a little (lot) better.

Final mastering is done in the computer.

Gary

5. glasman

glasman Guest

That is DEFINATELY a rack of goodies!!

6. TAVD

TAVD Guitar Player Gold Supporting Member

The Lucid clock in the bottom left really tightened the bass response and made everything more cohesive. Clocking the Digital 328 with the Lucid made a small improvement but clocking the D2424LV with it and feeding the recorder with the Benchmark preamps took it to another level. Might be something for you to look into Glasman, if you're using the Behringer as the master.

7. glasman

glasman Guest

I have been looking into an external clock. And you are right, the Behringer is the master in the system with the Mackie being synced via the ADAT optical lines.

Gary