Let's see your 18v pedals.

ummohyeah

I've got one spot left to fill, and the only power outlets left are 18v. I need some ideas, so let's see some photos of those darling little 18v pedals you've all got.

Cheers. :)

ummohyeah

Thanks papersun...

Anyone have any recommendations at 18v to replace something like a Skreddy Echo, BESIDES a Catalinbread product? :)

71strat

I know the Kyle Chase Secret Pre amp converts 9v - 22v. Even with a Battery. This pedal makes everything sound better. It mainly adds Harmonics. 6db Boost.

I just wonder if it will convert 18v, to 22v ?

I emailed him. 1-2 days for response time.

I love my SP.

Also used all NOS parts that are Original to the Best EP3s. They were not all created equal. This 1 has.. both early 70s bright circuit, and later 70s dark circuit, in 1 box.

Last edited:

Kylote

The only pedals I have that can run at 18V are the Prince of Tone and EQD Tone Job. I run neither at 18V since it is a bit of a hassle on the PP2+. I run the Prince of Tone at 12V, but our church's PA for some reason didn't like my Tone Job at 12V. So, Prince of Tone is my only contribution... not my photo, as I don't have any photos of any pedal by itself, just my board as a whole...

71strat

Kyle Chase... Secret Preamp cant be used with 18v supply.

He quickly messaged me back and says it will amp the volts up to 27v, and then regulate back to 22v, and will fry it.

Buy with either a 9v Battery, or 9v power supply. It runs at 22v.

Don't ever buy an EP3 that doesn't run at 22v.

ummohyeah

I appreciate the responses, everyone, a lot of interesting stuff here. Sadly, I'm not finding anything that ticks the bill. I have a pedalboard with 9 pedals on it and space for a 10th (1590b) sized. My power supply, which I don't want to replace due to its size fitting perfectly with everything else right now, offers 8 9v isolated jacks and 2 18v isolated jacks. I've got a 18v phaser on the way to occupy the 9th isolated power spot, but I need something else.

If someone knows of where I can get a 1 into 2 9v dc daisy chain (everything I see is 4 or 6), I'd look into that (and those voltage reducers look weird, I don't trust that). What I really want is another Muff style fuzz and I don't want to run the risk of pumping 18v into a pedal that is set up for 9v. So my second question is, can anyone recommend a good builder who might be able to throw together a Muff running at 18v? I know there's a lot of guys out there (madebymike), but I'd like to explore options...

Or if someone knows of an elusive Muff-style fuzz running at 18v in a smaller chassis, shoot it my way...

Thanks again.

Dunzie

I run my Cali76CD and Prince of Tone at 18v... and have run the Gain Changer, Zendrive, Eternity, Marvel Drive, Dover Drive and DLS all at 18v.

Del-Uks

most non-klon(e) dirt pedals can. little more volume, slightly less compressed gain.
Here is my pedalboard :

Pedal chain order :

1) Dunlop Cry Baby CBM-95 Mini Wah
2) Dazatronyx Tsuchi Fuzz
3) Blackstone Appliances Mosfet Overdrive 2S
4) ZVex Woolly Mammoth (rehoused in an aluminium 1590B box)
5) MXR Dyna Comp (1977 - Script Logo)
6) MXR Phase 100 (1975 - Script Logo)
7) Retro-Sonic Chorus (Mono - 12V AC)
8) Lovepedal Vibronaut
9) MXR Analog Delay (1980 - Block - Reticon R5101 BBD)
10) Dawner Prince Boonar
11) Lovepedal Tremelo
12) Ethos Clean-Fusion

Apart from the Retro-Sonic Chorus (12v AC) and the MXR Analog Delay (internal 18v) every other pedals are currently running at 9v DC.

Do you guys have any idea which of those pedals can be run at 18v ?... and at what benefit ?

Thank you for your attention !

elron hoover

If you were going to go for a Cali76 @ 18v, you might as well get the real-deal with the TX. You're replacing a delay, so what about an Echolution 2? Oh, a 1590b-sized enclosure?... can't help you there.

Why would you want to run a muff at 18v? It's not really the type of pedal that benefits from headroom, imo.

Trending Topics