Let's see your Pedaltrain II's!!!!

johann

currently looking to add another gain pedal...something between the sound of the rat an ac

chip46

^Sweet board. I've seen that model Korg tuner before, what's the second switch for? What's the difference between it and the Pitchblack?

sub rosa

^Sweet board. I've seen that model Korg tuner before, what's the second switch for? What's the difference between it and the Pitchblack?
Haha, its funny but that tuner gets more attention here than any of the other pedals on my board in these pedalboard threads!

Its essentially an AB switcher and tuner in one pedal. It also has greater accuracy than the standard pitchblack with more tuning options although I only use it in strobe mode with standard tuning. I have it for the two inputs.

chip46

Haha, its funny but that tuner gets more attention here than any of the other pedals on my board in these pedalboard threads!

Its essentially an AB switcher and tuner in one pedal. It also has greater accuracy than the standard pitchblack with more tuning options although I only use it in strobe mode with standard tuning. I have it for the two inputs.
Sweet, I'd always seen it but never bothered to look up any info. I didn't mean to detract from the rest of your board though lol, it's definitely a sweet setup, what amp and guitar are you running it through?

sub rosa

Sweet, I'd always seen it but never bothered to look up any info. I didn't mean to detract from the rest of your board though lol, it's definitely a sweet setup, what amp and guitar are you running it through?
No worries, I wasn't taking it personally! Its just funny to me that usually the first comment I ever get is "what's with the Pitchblack+" etc. Its all good!

My rig is in my sig.

sub rosa

I think this is a PT II (bought it used)
Nice to see some Diamonds! Also the Maxon CP101! I see you have it running after the Fireburst - I've used compression after drives for years now, although mainly on after overdrives rather than fuzz.

I was playing around with my Fireburst a few days ago trying to mimmick the sound of my BYOC Tonebender fuzz. Got pretty close by dialing the treble all the way up, backing off the bass to about 9 o'clock to off and running the gain between 10 o'clock and 2 o'clock. Those active EQ controls are real versitile on this pedal. Sounded awesome.

Last edited:

digiTED

rock > talk
Sub-Rosa: You seem to enjoy a little Diamond on your board, too!

Nice to seem some Diamonds! Also the Maxon CP101! I see you have it running after the Fireburst - I've used compression after drives for years now, although mainly on after overdrives rather than fuzz.
Yeah, I only use the CP-101 with the OCD to smooth out that super open, airy vibe once in a while. I find the Fireburst has enough of its own compression for me. Plus, the CP-101 adds a lot of hiss if the Fireburst is also on. In fact, I find the CP-101 is noisy if it's before any of the dirt. I used to run it after the Ring Thing, but the lower octave sounds caused the CP-101 to clip. I think it's a nice comp for the money, but not the ultimate by any means. Plan to pick up a Diamond comp in the coming year.

I was playing around with my Fireburst a few days ago trying to mimmick the sound of my BYOC Tonebender fuzz. Got pretty close by dialing the treble all the way up, backing off the bass to about 9 o'clock to off and running the gain between 10 o'clock and 2 o'clock. Those active EQ controls are real versitile on this pedal. Sounded awesome.
Yeah, I think the Fireburst is ridiculously versatile. I use it most often with added bass, reduced treb, and high gain for thick fuzz. I roll back the guitar volume knob and add thick, dark (yet still fairly articulate) textures to ambient stuff. Also sounds killer into trem.

chip46

No worries, I wasn't taking it personally! Its just funny to me that usually the first comment I ever get is "what's with the Pitchblack+" etc. Its all good!

My rig is in my sig.
D'oh :bonk I hate that you can't see sigs when you're posting a new reply.

Trending Topics