• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

lets see your rack systems...

spiros_k

i know that most people here are "pedalboard" friends, but i think that there should be some "rack systems" friends also...perhaps with some pedals too..;)
so please you rack-people let us see your systems...some explanation about wiring, signal route would be great...

(im really sorry if there is a similar thread...)

hurleysurf

Guitars (Fenders) go in through the buffered Guitar In on the GCX. Then goes to the Korg Tuner and then back to the input on the first loop. I can just tap the "mute" button on the tuner to tune silently. Loop 1 is the EHX POG, 2 is a Fulltone '69, 3 is an MXR CS '76 Dyna Comp (hidden in the back of the rack), 4 is the TS10, 5 is the Zendrive, 6 is the TC Electronic Chorus+, 7 is the T-Rex Replica, and 8 is the Way Huge Aqua Puss. The output of Loop 8 goes into either a Super Reverb or a Victoria 5e3 (which can sit perfectly on top of the rack). The bottom piece is a 4-space rack drawer where I keep a few tools, strings, picks, cables, etc. Music styles cover everything from Eric Johnson to Brad Paisley to John Mayer to Van Halen (ish) things. I'd like to get a bit heavier duty case with some casters in the future.

monk

Guitar (Gibson LP Standard, Gibson ES-335, PRS Standard)
Fulltone Wah
Korg Pitchblack tuner
GCX and Pedalswitcher
Keeley compressor
Foxrox Octron
Foxrox ZIM (H9)
Foxrox ZIM (T+)
Klon Centaur
Fulltone MDV
Fulltone CF-1
T-Rex Replica

In the effects loop (through a Suhr Minimix)
TC D-Two
Lexicon MPX-1

CAA OD-100 Classic+
Mesa Rectifier 2x12 or Marshall 1960 AX 4x12

DANOCASTER

Gold Supporting Member
Circa 1988 :)

Mine's the one on the right

Boogie MKIII Simulclass
Soldano 3 channel
and a slaved Marshall 50 watt

all thru a VHT 2150 out to Marshall 4x12s

Tri Stereo Chorus
PCM 70
SPX-90

zachman

i know that most people here are "pedalboard" friends, but i think that there should be some "rack systems" friends also...perhaps with some pedals too..;)
so please you rack-people let us see your systems...some explanation about wiring, signal route would be great...

(im really sorry if there is a similar thread...)
Not sure why some prefer to avoid talking about rack gear here, and would rather refer you elsewhere, but... I guess that is how some prefer it. :dunno

The rig is a Multi-amp switching (4 Amp Heads-- one at a time, through the same dry cabinet), w/d/w rig. The pedals on the pedal tray are in front of which ever amp is selected-- via a Custom Audio Electronics "Custom" Audio Controller/loop switcher.

The other processors are routed via the Switcher in parallel through a line mixer and out to a stereo power amp (Running the "wet" signal to 2 other cabinets)

The Rig is controlled via a Custom Audio Electronics (Double Expanded) RS-10.

Rig Block Diagram:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdHwhMzJbeo&feature=channel_page

todd richman

Zach, I referred him to HRI as an additional source of info-especially since guys like Dave Friedman and David Phillips and a bunch of very knowledgable guys post there often and are always willing to assist and make thoughful explanations.

zachman

Zach, I referred him to HRI as an additional source of info-especially since guys like Dave Friedman and David Phillips and a bunch of very knowledgable guys post there often and are always willing to assist and make thoughful explanations.
Right on Todd :BEER

There are so many guys, in the past-- who've given such attitude re: rack gear. My apologies if I came across wrong.

:AOK

nibus

Bump for more -

I'm moving to a rack setup soon. Still looking for a good lexicon reverb unit that's not too expensive...

zachman

Bump for more -

I'm moving to a rack setup soon. Still looking for a good lexicon reverb unit that's not too expensive...
I picked up my pcm80 used in mint condition for $600, and am GLAD I did. I LOVE it.

geetarman

Gold Supporting Member
I picked up my pcm80 used in mint condition for $600, and am GLAD I did. I LOVE it.
The pcm-80 is great for reverb I've owned mine since like 94 when they first came out it's the only processor from my rack years that I kept.

zachman

The pcm-80 is great for reverb I've owned mine since like 94 when they first came out it's the only processor from my rack years that I kept.
I primarily use it for reverb (and it is THAT sound), but I think the delays sound killer too. Side note: w/ the fx algo card, the harmonizer stuff is really good too.

Ted Witcher

Can anybody demo the reverb from the pcm 80? I've heard a few of the presets on the web, but I'd like to hear how it sounds in a guitar context.

geetarman

Gold Supporting Member
I primarily use it for reverb (and it is THAT sound), but I think the delays sound killer too. Side note: w/ the fx algo card, the harmonizer stuff is really good too.
I agree the delays are great too. I have the Dual Fx card but I'll have to track down a pitch card at some point I'm sure they're cheap now.

buddaman71

Student of Life
Gold Supporting Member
I have used racks on and off for years and recently came back to using a very simple rack consisting of:

XWire wireless
Digitech GSP1101 w/ Control 2 foot controller
Boss GX700
TubeWorks ProValve 50-50 6L6 power amp
Peavey Penta 412 stereo cab (killer vintage-sounding ported 412)

This is a stright MI based rig that sounds freakin' great live.

I take the wireless into a Radial ABY and split the input to the GSP and GX700.
GSP is my main stereo tone panned hard L/R direct to the 412 & FOH.
GX700 is pretty dry and panned dead center and sent to FOH only. I put a little of it in my stage monitor.

Basically I'm using the 2 preamp/processors as my amps set up W/D/W.

Say what you will, but it's a pretty righteous sounding gig rig and blows away most of the "boutique" rigs I've owned over the years at a fraction of the price.

1moreknob

Gold Supporting Member
Not sure why some prefer to avoid talking about rack gear here, and would rather refer you elsewhere, but... I guess that is how some prefer it. :dunno

The rig is a Multi-amp switching (4 Amp Heads-- one at a time, through the same dry cabinet), w/d/w rig. The pedals on the pedal tray are in front of which ever amp is selected-- via a Custom Audio Electronics "Custom" Audio Controller/loop switcher.

The other processors are routed via the Switcher in parallel through a line mixer and out to a stereo power amp (Running the "wet" signal to 2 other cabinets)

The Rig is controlled via a Custom Audio Electronics (Double Expanded) RS-10.

Rig Block Diagram:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdHwhMzJbeo&feature=channel_page
Now THAT'S what I'm talking about. Bet it sounds unbelievable and you almost never get asked "can I sit In"

Trending Topics