lets see your rack systems...

spiros_k

i know that most people here are "pedalboard" friends, but i think that there should be some "rack systems" friends also...perhaps with some pedals too..;)
so please you rack-people let us see your systems...some explanation about wiring, signal route would be great...

(im really sorry if there is a similar thread...)

hurleysurf

IMG_0146.jpg

Guitars (Fenders) go in through the buffered Guitar In on the GCX. Then goes to the Korg Tuner and then back to the input on the first loop. I can just tap the "mute" button on the tuner to tune silently. Loop 1 is the EHX POG, 2 is a Fulltone '69, 3 is an MXR CS '76 Dyna Comp (hidden in the back of the rack), 4 is the TS10, 5 is the Zendrive, 6 is the TC Electronic Chorus+, 7 is the T-Rex Replica, and 8 is the Way Huge Aqua Puss. The output of Loop 8 goes into either a Super Reverb or a Victoria 5e3 (which can sit perfectly on top of the rack). The bottom piece is a 4-space rack drawer where I keep a few tools, strings, picks, cables, etc. Music styles cover everything from Eric Johnson to Brad Paisley to John Mayer to Van Halen (ish) things. I'd like to get a bit heavier duty case with some casters in the future.

monk

IMG_0014-1.jpg

IMG_0005-1.jpg

Guitar (Gibson LP Standard, Gibson ES-335, PRS Standard)
Fulltone Wah
Korg Pitchblack tuner
GCX and Pedalswitcher
Keeley compressor
Foxrox Octron
Foxrox ZIM (H9)
Foxrox ZIM (T+)
Klon Centaur
Fulltone MDV
Fulltone CF-1
T-Rex Replica

In the effects loop (through a Suhr Minimix)
TC D-Two
Lexicon MPX-1

CAA OD-100 Classic+
Mesa Rectifier 2x12 or Marshall 1960 AX 4x12

DANOCASTER

Silver Supporting Member
Circa 1988 :)

Mine's the one on the right

Boogie MKIII Simulclass
Soldano 3 channel
and a slaved Marshall 50 watt

all thru a VHT 2150 out to Marshall 4x12s

Tri Stereo Chorus
PCM 70
SPX-90

318178311_oRRgT-X3.jpg

zachman

i know that most people here are "pedalboard" friends, but i think that there should be some "rack systems" friends also...perhaps with some pedals too..;)
so please you rack-people let us see your systems...some explanation about wiring, signal route would be great...

(im really sorry if there is a similar thread...)

Not sure why some prefer to avoid talking about rack gear here, and would rather refer you elsewhere, but... I guess that is how some prefer it. :dunno

NAMMpicscropped020.jpg

The rig is a Multi-amp switching (4 Amp Heads-- one at a time, through the same dry cabinet), w/d/w rig. The pedals on the pedal tray are in front of which ever amp is selected-- via a Custom Audio Electronics "Custom" Audio Controller/loop switcher.

stuff016.jpg

1gear.jpg

The other processors are routed via the Switcher in parallel through a line mixer and out to a stereo power amp (Running the "wet" signal to 2 other cabinets)

caeswitcherdiagram.jpg

The Rig is controlled via a Custom Audio Electronics (Double Expanded) RS-10.

caers10schematic.jpg

NAMMpics034.jpg

NAMMpics028.jpg

Rig Block Diagram:

zachschematic.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdHwhMzJbeo&feature=channel_page

todd richman

Zach, I referred him to HRI as an additional source of info-especially since guys like Dave Friedman and David Phillips and a bunch of very knowledgable guys post there often and are always willing to assist and make thoughful explanations.

zachman

Zach, I referred him to HRI as an additional source of info-especially since guys like Dave Friedman and David Phillips and a bunch of very knowledgable guys post there often and are always willing to assist and make thoughful explanations.

Right on Todd :BEER

There are so many guys, in the past-- who've given such attitude re: rack gear. My apologies if I came across wrong.

:AOK

nibus

Bump for more -

I'm moving to a rack setup soon. Still looking for a good lexicon reverb unit that's not too expensive...

zachman

Bump for more -

I'm moving to a rack setup soon. Still looking for a good lexicon reverb unit that's not too expensive...

I picked up my pcm80 used in mint condition for $600, and am GLAD I did. I LOVE it.

geetarman

I picked up my pcm80 used in mint condition for $600, and am GLAD I did. I LOVE it.

The pcm-80 is great for reverb I've owned mine since like 94 when they first came out it's the only processor from my rack years that I kept.

zachman

The pcm-80 is great for reverb I've owned mine since like 94 when they first came out it's the only processor from my rack years that I kept.

I primarily use it for reverb (and it is THAT sound), but I think the delays sound killer too. Side note: w/ the fx algo card, the harmonizer stuff is really good too.

Ted Witcher

Can anybody demo the reverb from the pcm 80? I've heard a few of the presets on the web, but I'd like to hear how it sounds in a guitar context.

geetarman

I primarily use it for reverb (and it is THAT sound), but I think the delays sound killer too. Side note: w/ the fx algo card, the harmonizer stuff is really good too.

I agree the delays are great too. I have the Dual Fx card but I'll have to track down a pitch card at some point I'm sure they're cheap now.

buddaman71

Student of Life
Gold Supporting Member
I have used racks on and off for years and recently came back to using a very simple rack consisting of:

XWire wireless
Digitech GSP1101 w/ Control 2 foot controller
Boss GX700
TubeWorks ProValve 50-50 6L6 power amp
Peavey Penta 412 stereo cab (killer vintage-sounding ported 412)

This is a stright MI based rig that sounds freakin' great live.

I take the wireless into a Radial ABY and split the input to the GSP and GX700.
GSP is my main stereo tone panned hard L/R direct to the 412 & FOH.
GX700 is pretty dry and panned dead center and sent to FOH only. I put a little of it in my stage monitor.

Basically I'm using the 2 preamp/processors as my amps set up W/D/W.

Say what you will, but it's a pretty righteous sounding gig rig and blows away most of the "boutique" rigs I've owned over the years at a fraction of the price.

1moreknob

Silver Supporting Member
Not sure why some prefer to avoid talking about rack gear here, and would rather refer you elsewhere, but... I guess that is how some prefer it. :dunno

NAMMpicscropped020.jpg

The rig is a Multi-amp switching (4 Amp Heads-- one at a time, through the same dry cabinet), w/d/w rig. The pedals on the pedal tray are in front of which ever amp is selected-- via a Custom Audio Electronics "Custom" Audio Controller/loop switcher.

stuff016.jpg

1gear.jpg

The other processors are routed via the Switcher in parallel through a line mixer and out to a stereo power amp (Running the "wet" signal to 2 other cabinets)

caeswitcherdiagram.jpg

The Rig is controlled via a Custom Audio Electronics (Double Expanded) RS-10.

caers10schematic.jpg

NAMMpics034.jpg

NAMMpics028.jpg

Rig Block Diagram:

zachschematic.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdHwhMzJbeo&feature=channel_page

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about. Bet it sounds unbelievable and you almost never get asked "can I sit In"

Trending Topics

Top Bottom