Let's talk about amps that deserve way more love than they get!

Upper Mids

For me, it's my Acoustic Control Corp G60T top. It's from 1979 iirc. Nobody ever talks about the G60 (or it's big brother, the G100T) but it's got the nicest gain you can imagine, rough, rich and voluminous. The clean channel can stand up to any Twin. It's one heck of an amp and you can get it for very little money.

What's your ugly duckling?

76399.jpg

whateverdude

Silver Supporting Member
The whole Mig series is different. The Mig 50 is a Bassman/JTM45 deign by Tony Bruno and the Mig 60 is a JCM800 sounding amp. I’ve played a Mig 50 H and that thing sounded like a souped up JCM800 to me. I’m not sure about the Mig 100. I’m sure someone else can chime in.

Upper Mids

The whole Mig series is different. The Mig 50 is a Bassman/JTM45 deign by Tony Bruno and the Mig 60 is a JCM800 sounding amp. I’ve played a Mig 50 H and that thing sounded like a souped up JCM800 to me. I’m not sure about the Mig 100. I’m sure someone else can chime in.
I've got an 100H, you can see it in the picture in my opening post. :)

The 100 is your standard JCM 800 clone, the 100H is a hotter one, basically a modded 800. Possibly it's simply a higer wattage version of the 60?

whateverdude

Silver Supporting Member
I've got an 100H, you can see it in the picture in my opening post. :)

The 100 is your standard JCM 800 clone, the 100H is a hotter one, basically a modded 800. Possibly it's simply a higer wattage version of the 60?
That’s quite possible, I never had a chance to play one. I didn’t know what it was based on.

Last edited:
Mesa F Series amps...these should be mentioned in every "what's a good first tube amp" thread, and the little F30 head is just awesome as can be.

I mean...they get their due, but too often it feels like people want to forget about them because "they're not aggressive enough like a DC, or as sweet as the Express, or well...just get a baby Recto/Rectoverb if you really want that type of sound" when in reality they are a really cool pseudo-Mark meets Recto and beyond cool at just doing their own sort of thing within the Mesa Universe lol. Great cleans/crunch/super gain and pedal platform type-stuff to be had...

wrxplayer

Silver Supporting Member
Crate Vintage Club series. Made in USA, available dirt cheap used. Great sound. Very similar to some Peaveys from the same era but Peavey seems to get more love. Don't believe me? Check out Clapton's 2004 Crossroads DVD. The VC50s (4xEL84's) made up the backline.

GlideOn

Do Bass amps count?

Ashdown RM 800 EVO II.

20220324_191155.jpg

Unecessary, long ugly name with many changes and revisions over the lineup, however the latest iteration is an absolute homerun. And nobody seems to care.

The absolute best Class D amp
I've played through. Stupidly loud and thunderously powerful, shakes the concrete under your feet. And sounds somewhere between and Orange and a Fender

I had to have it.

Reactions: V|J

Trending Topics

Top Bottom