Let's talk about gear. Pewtershmit; are we going to get a GR1000 anytime soon?

mbenigni

Do you need a pessimist to weigh in?

614WWCH191L.jpg

mbenigni

Based on market research,
The Waza version of this has much higher waiting list
Roland_CB-9_Cowbell_April1.jpg
The GR-55 was relatively successful, though - or am I mistaken?

I don't think the "GR-1000" Jive's asking about would have to be a Waza "premium" product. Just an update with some technologies borrowed from recent Roland products (e.g. AIRD), the inevitable faster/ more powerful chips (per the GR-55's advancing age), and a few common sense feature updates (effects loop, more routing options, etc.)

I'd be happy to see a new rev. of the GP-10, where Roland really focused on the speed and accuracy of the pitch-to-MIDI conversion for outboard MIDI gear (via both DIN and USB.)

Pewtershmit

HAH

Well if I were to give you any indication either way I would be upsetting a large amount of friends.

It's tough these days because even a single resistor with a supply issue can shift dates down like dominoes. So expectations must be managed carefully.

But I may or may not have seen some things that make me want to shout from rooftops with glee.

mbenigni

In 2022 the GR-55 remains popular and still sells significantly and remains in production
I'm glad to hear it! But I don't understand your previous comment about market research.

(Is it a question of what an updated version would cost to develop and manufacture? And the resulting price tag?)

JiveTurkey

Trumpets and Tants
Silver Supporting Member
HAH

Well if I were to give you any indication either way I would be upsetting a large amount of friends.

It's tough these days because even a single resistor with a supply issue can shift dates down like dominoes. So expectations must be managed carefully.

But I may or may not have seen some things that make me want to shout from rooftops with glee.
Does "some things" include items that sound like trumpets and saxophones? :anon
In 2022 the GR-55 remains popular and still sells significantly and remains in production
I am completely biased on this (cue Phil chiming in saying no one wants this tech in 2022). But I am doing my best to stir up interest :stir

Pewtershmit

and I don't think its a spoiler to say we are still going to be continuing guitar synthing. We've been doing it for 45(?) years now. 13 pin / GK is still the best solution so they aren't going anywhere until the quality/speed of processing is good enough for the BOSS engineers, and even then there are so many advantages for a hex pickup with individual pickups per string.

Last edited:

jamma

13 pin / GK is still the best solution so they aren't going anywhere until the quality/speed of processing is good enough for the BOSS engineers
Thanks goodness, I just bought some internal GK pickups. Those things ain't cheap, esp after getting them installed.

three_eyed_otter

Silver Supporting Member
This tech is way relevant...The shizzle would be a 13-pin rig that included the SY1000 & an updated GR 55 in the modern BOSS housing with current samples, routing, and FX possibilities. I don't regularly consider pre-orders, but I would pre-order an updated GR-55 without hesitation.

I'm surprised more players don't have a guitar with a GK pickup & a 13-pin device on call...Unless you're Mr. Kleen with your techneek, it can get a little sideways, but the flavors of tone, texture, etc., are indispensable for recording.

Have a good one,

3EO

Trending Topics

Top Bottom