• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Let's Talk...Guitar Stools!

Guitar Josh

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Supporting Member
So I have a birthday coming up and I have my eye on a guitar stool. I have been using a drum throne which is just not the right tool for the job. What are you guys using in your music rooms that you find both comfortable and practical? Thanks!

leftybill

Silver Supporting Member
I went down this path too. A year ago, I ordered a soundseat. It was expensive, but worth it to me. I love it. Very comfortable.

noisebloom

Now I use a large-ish ottoman that we had around the house unused. It gives me a good seating height, and I have some extra space next to me to set my phone, notes, cables, etc.

Seating height became very important to me, because I found that the guitar sat most comfortably in my lap when my knee was a little higher than my hip--that makes certain the guitar is not sliding away from me.

I shopped for a good stool for quite some time. I considered drum thrones, wheeled task chairs, office chairs with flip-up arms. I stopped considering wheeled chairs because I didn't want the chair to drift around while I played.

scelerat

Gold Supporting Member
A jr high school around here was giving away old metal shop stools with adjustable legs. I found some grippy stool seat pads for them. They're perfect. And super cheap.

Tony Done

When gigging I would mostly use a bar stool for visibility, but I prefer an armless office chair with adjustable height and backrest. I've never seen any need for something music-specific.

TonePilot

Silver Supporting Member

jzgtrguy

Silver Supporting Member
Here's a stool my nephew invented. He's an engineer, structural I think and he works for an Aerospace firm. He designed the stool and then used their laser machine to cut out the parts in 1/2 inch ply. The foot rest is height adjustable.

1605853621469.png

Trending Topics