• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Let's Talk...Guitar Stools!

Jahn

Listens to Johnny Marr, plays like John Denver
Silver Supporting Member
I've tried a bunch. Drummer stool, drafting chair, you name it. Finally narrowed it down to something with a back, and padded, stable legs, with wide dimensions but not getting in the way of the guitar of course. Just couldn't find the right one - until I stumbled across this thing in a Goodwill of all places for under ten bucks! Cleaned it up, scotchguarded, and man not only is it just perfect, but it also has a bit of give so it's like a little rocking chair in a pinch. It's actually a fun and relaxing chair to jam on.

Jerrod

Gold Supporting Member
Once upon a time, I remember seeing ads in guitar magazines (!!!!) for one of those ergo-style chairs. Kind of like the one below. Does anybody remember what I'm talking about?

specialidiot

most likely to seceede
Platinum Supporting Member
I went down this path too. A year ago, I ordered a soundseat. It was expensive, but worth it to me. I love it. Very comfortable.
I just learned that you can get the seat, back, and arms if you already have a stool with a 7/8" pedestal, which I do. Hmmmm..

I also like the the Musician's Friend one as @derekd alerted us to, but I'm not retired yet.

Informative or funny. Pick one and find a way to deliver. Neither doesn’t cut it.
Lighten up Francis, its a guitar forum.

Scordare

I usually always play standing...but when I want to take some weight off my feet, I use an adjustable bar stool like this one. It works out really well and I can still use the wah and pedalboard easily.

daacrusher2001

Silver Supporting Member
The Soundseat looks really good. A little pricey but in my case, I'd want it as a chair for my desk and for guitar. Seems like it's really well built.

Reactions: RGB

ZENTISH

Silver Supporting Member
Once upon a time, I remember seeing ads in guitar magazines (!!!!) for one of those ergo-style chairs. Kind of like the one below. Does anybody remember what I'm talking about?

I don't remember it, but 200lb weight limit? That's gonna shut out a few people. LOL

RGB

Silver Supporting Member
Yeah that's a good point. In this case it is on carpet, at least for the next couple of years. I'll have to see what my options are
Lots of options with the Soundseat. I have two different size gas shocks to get a little higher...or lower...and I have glides on mine, although casters are an option, as are arms.

Bought mine in 2004 and it still looks great and is still very comfortable after being hauled to hundreds of acoustic shows.

The owners are also very sweet people and have the best customer service around. When I spoke with the owner many years ago, (RIP J.R.), he went above and beyond to help me out with the extra shocks...his wife runs the business now and continues that great service.

Trending Topics