• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Let's talk US Masters guitars.

mr. moon

I recall one time Dave (Regenberg) showed me a number of pieces of old growth lumber that they purchased which had been submerged in Lake Superior for a hundred years or so and had been recovered recently. Pretty awesome stuff, but pricey as well, so I'm sure that wasn't used in regular production instruments.

Glitch Magnet

If you have questions about their product line from back in the day, follow the link below for a wayback machine search on their website, great info there!

https://web.archive.org/web/*/usmasters.com

I have a ton of fun stories related to them and their brand, from their local retail shop before they started the guitar factory, and such. Sad to see them go.
Just came across this old thread.

I feel like I grew up at Regenberg Music. Dave and Dick were super nurturing to a kid like me with limited funds. Sold me my first pedal when the Boss Compact Series first came out, s/n 0100 PH-1.

I bought one of their first USM guitars, an SSS Legrande. Exceptional guitar. Sold it years later only after losing my taste for S-types.

mr. moon

Yeah - same story with me. Used to bike up to their shop for guitar lessons on Saturday AM with Dave ...learned a lot more than just guitar from him, as he recanted his escapades from the previous evening's gig he had (or a date), but those would be for another story.

My first real rig that I purchased from them was a used POS Peavey solid state head, with one blown channel, a ROSS distortion box, and a Sonic 6x12 cabinet. Ughhhh, it was soooooooo awful, but very loud, so I was happy. They always had a ton of Hamer, Ibanez, and Aria Pro guitars, and complained bitterly about Gibson's QC. Actually, one of the primary reasons they cited for deciding to create their own guitars was the poor quality product that Gibson was pushing on them at the time.

Great memories!

Last edited:
I have two US masters. The ssh model and a one of custom built on body thick lke a LP but in a bound sg shape like their hornet. I wouldnt get rid of either. The quality of woods and fit and finish were are the best. I concur its a shame they went out of business. Im at a point to start down sizing my collection and these Ill keep and pass on in the family. Top of the line quality.

Trending Topics