Lexicon Omega

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by rossowj, Feb 18, 2008.

1. rossowj

rossowj Member

Hey everyone,

I have this http://www.lexiconpro.com/ProductIndex.aspx?ProductID=6

I bought this like 3-4 years ago and I despise the Pro Tracks Plus software that came with it.

Can I run any recording software with this device?

if so, what do you recommend for a recording noob? I will be recording guitar, bass, vocals, and MIDI controller stuff.

2. Spudman

Spudman Member

The Omega is usually bundled with Cubase LE. I've upgraded to Cubase 4, but I think most any software should work. The Omega is simply an input device.

3. GuitarsFromMars

GuitarsFromMars Member

I would reccommend Cubase LE,3,or 4,for best results with the device.But(with 3 and up) plan on needing at least a P4,2.8 gig clock speed,with a gig to 2 gigs of RAM.Anything less will cause latency issues,and anything greater will decrease any liklihood of problems.

4. Tom Drake

Tom Drake Member

I bought one about a month ago and could not for the life of me make sense of the Cubase instructions (on how to set up the drivers) -- really some of the worst tech writing I've read! ...so I downloaded Reaper and was recording within an hour. Throughout subsequent processes I've only grown to love Reaper more!

td

5. rossowj

rossowj Member

yeah i bought mine before it was bundled with cubase. Mine was bundled with ProTracks Plus

cool, thanks for the input.