Lexicon pcm80 help with error message

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by guitarpedaladdict, Feb 7, 2015.

1. guitarpedaladdict

guitarpedaladdict Supporting Member

Hello,

I have a pcm81 and just picked up a pcm80. The pcm80 is running on 1.0 software which might be the problem, but...

When trying to load patches with sysex librarian I keep getting an sysex data error. Could this indicate a problem with the unit that goes beyond a software issue?

Thanks

2. hydroquebec

hydroquebec Member

PCM80 here. I've read that some of the lower quality MIDI cables won't work and that UNO is the way to go.

No experience here, but hoping that might be a lead for you. I think AnalogKid85 (on this site) might be working through a similar issue with his PCM80.

3. guitarpedaladdict

Appreciate your post, I am using the UNO. I'll reach out to Analogkid85 and see if he can share any discoveries.

Thanks

4. guitarpedaladdict

Resolved this issue with software upgrade to V1.10 - if anyone is looking for the EPROMs, I can give you contact information for someone who has them.

5. hydroquebec

hydroquebec Member

Very cool to hear that. A v1.10 eprom would be hard to come by. Nice that you have a source!

One of these days, I'll have to upgrade my MPX G2 to 1.10. Thankfully my PCM is already there.