• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Lick From My New TrueFire course

jmcerlain

Silver Supporting Member
Here is a lick from my upcoming course on TrueFire called 50 Eclectic Blues Licks You Must Know. Hope you dig it!

dsmc80

Nice as always. Your communication really is excellent. I know plenty of players and teachers who just can't seem to verbalize what it is they are trying to teach. Not so with you. Nice. :aok

Dana Olsen

Platinum Supporting Member
Great lick Jeff, and a really cool Tuttle T style too - sounds great!

Thanks, Dana

stevel

A: I hope licks 2 through 50 are as instructive as this, and that the instruction is as brilliant as this.

B: This is easily one of the best of these licks type lessons I've ever seen. Kudos.

C: The absolutely most brilliant part is the way you don't end just teaching the lick, but teaching how its elements can be used separately as well. I never see this - usually it's "here's the lick" - you did, "here's the lick" and "here's how you can use it". That's what I think people are looking for.

D: Did I say brilliant? If I didn't, brilliant :)

Thanks Jeff.

jmcerlain

Silver Supporting Member
Excellent lick indeed thanks...
Thanks Doublee!

Nice as always. Your communication really is excellent. I know plenty of players and teachers who just can't seem to verbalize what it is they are trying to teach. Not so with you. Nice. :aok

Thanks, that is quite a compliment. Thank you.

Great lick Jeff, and a really cool Tuttle T style too - sounds great!

Thanks, Dana
Thanks Dana. Great meeting you at NAMM with Moo. That was you wasn't it?

New Mini-Marshall ?? Cool lick !
Nope, 2061x handwired.

A: I hope licks 2 through 50 are as instructive as this, and that the instruction is as brilliant as this.

B: This is easily one of the best of these licks type lessons I've ever seen. Kudos.

C: The absolutely most brilliant part is the way you don't end just teaching the lick, but teaching how its elements can be used separately as well. I never see this - usually it's "here's the lick" - you did, "here's the lick" and "here's how you can use it". That's what I think people are looking for.

D: Did I say brilliant? If I didn't, brilliant :)

Thanks Jeff.
Wow. Thank you, I am humbled. Really that means a lot to me.

Very cool lick Jeff. Looking forward to the rest of the video.
Thank you!

sanhozay

klon free since 2009
Gold Supporting Member
man, i'm in. you have so much to offer as a teacher! i dug out a few old GP mags and there you were -TEACHING hot licks! great stuff, jeff.

MGT

When do you expect this course to be available, Jeff? I have your 50 Blues Rock Licks course and really enjoyed it (especially the Grissom-like phrase!).

tdarian

Platinum Supporting Member
Love the Tuttle and the lick, Jeff. (A Tuttle is likely more within my reach than the skills:eek:, but I'll give'er a shot!:beer).

Thanks for posting this!

PS: It just occurred to me that I no longer own a guitar that Michael has not fretted for me. Kinda spoiled now! I think you can relate.

jmcerlain

Silver Supporting Member
I love that it's a groove lick...not just a lick over a groove. Well done!
Thanks. Glad you like it.

Very impressive! This lesson series is on the short list.
Thank you!

When do you expect this course to be available, Jeff? I have your 50 Blues Rock Licks course and really enjoyed it (especially the Grissom-like phrase!).
In the next month I believe, give or take a few weeks. I will be posting more of previews like this one soon.
Love the Tuttle and the lick, Jeff. (A Tuttle is likely more within my reach than the skills:eek:, but I'll give'er a shot!:beer).

Thanks for posting this!

PS: It just occurred to me that I no longer own a guitar that Michael has not fretted for me. Kinda spoiled now! I think you can relate.
Well... it is clear to me that you need to buy a guitar from Michael. :p

CowTipton

Gold Supporting Member
Love it.
I can't hybrid pick worth a damn so I just fingerpick it. Loses a bit of the bite but it still sounds sweet.
Thanks.

FatJeff

Nice lick - think I'll work this into my practice session tonite. Working on a funky version of "Love For Sale" (in Bb).

jmcerlain

Silver Supporting Member
Nice lick - think I'll work this into my practice session tonite. Working on a funky version of "Love For Sale" (in Bb).
Actually I often finger pick it as well. Looses a little bite but gains a little warmth.

RSRD

Very cool Jeff. I haven't made it over to your lessons on TF yet but I definitely will next. Truefire is an amazing site!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom