Life After FDII

freak4liferu

Well, i've played the fulldrive 2 for 7 years now, never failed me, always easy to get good tone. I think there is still something missing though after all these years with this pedal, and i'm ready for something new. Suggestions?

thiscalltoarms

more gadgets than Batman.
Platinum Supporting Member
+1 Zendrive is pretty beautiful for a post FDII pedal.

stacked with a keeley bd2 for thick sweet (but notably transparent aswell) rhythm tones.

TimH

Just stick with it. It's a great pedal.

+1 After buying my FDII years ago (my first boutique OD) I have tried nearly every fad OD on the market and amp happy to have landed back on a FDII Mosfet as my main OD.

rawkguitarist

Easy, Eternity. It has many familure "overdrive" charactarisitcs, but many refinements the others don't. On the surface, the Eternity is a great OD... get deeper, it's much, much more.

mprvise

Eternity would be a good choice (I own two and one has a permanent slot on the board). I also would suggest the new Gaspedal Dumbbell - it's replaced my FDII Anniversary as my default grab and go do it all one OD. Definitely different from the FDII, but similar in that it has a lower gain OD and a boost.

Phil M

Shapeshifting Member
Silver Supporting Member
I've had the blue '98 with the push/pull pot, the cream custom shop with the 3-way toggle, and the orange MOSFET 10th Anniversary. All were similar and sounded good, but I preferred the TC Jauernig DGTM/Gristle King and the Lovepedal Eternity.

The Eternity is the one that I kept.

Andre357

Easy, Eternity. It has many familure "overdrive" charactarisitcs, but many refinements the others don't. On the surface, the Eternity is a great OD... get deeper, it's much, much more.

+1. The eternity replaced a FDII mosfet for me.

I actually have a Eternity Cot 50 combo. Best OD's i've used in a long time. The replaced both the FDII and KOT4 I had on my board.

freak4liferu

+1. The eternity replaced a FDII mosfet for me.

I actually have a Eternity Cot 50 combo. Best OD's i've used in a long time. The replaced both the FDII and KOT4 I had on my board.

Andre357, can u compare the eternity to the KOT4. I'm on the waiting list for a KOT4, but obviously won't get that until sometime next year probably.

powermatt99

Gold Supporting Member
I fell back in love with my FDII by stacking it with a Keeley BD-2. I still get the FDII sound that I love but I can add something extra with the BD-2.

freak4liferu

you know, i have that same setup now. maybe i'm stacking the bd-2 and fulldrive wrong, you got bd2 first, then fulldrive?

powermatt99

Gold Supporting Member
BD-2 first, then FDII. Of course, if it doesn't work for you, there are some great suggestions above.

reverber8

ever try the FDII at 18 volts?

I did and have run it at 18 volts ever since. Really opens up the pedal. Works great w/ my rig:
Grestch Power Jet, 6120DSW, Fender Strats and Teles into 90's Korg Vox AC15 and Fender DRRI via Raidial Eng Tonebone JX2 switcher.

ymmv

TheFlash

Silver Supporting Member
Foxrox Zim.
You'll be upgrading to independent channels that can be placed in either order.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom