Life after selling Boss ES-8... Who did swap ES-8 for ES-5?

P8t8r

I already sold my ES-8 and I consider three options:

1. Buy ES-5 and use familiar switcher, but this time with a smaller board
2. Buy Source Audio Soleman to utilize Source Audio Hub and other Source Audio stuff
3. Use board with no switcher, and bend down everytime I want to change settings

I don't feel like buying another brand. I highly regard Boss and Source Audio.

P8t8r

I'm downsizing from Pedaltrain Pro to whatever it will be and I am selling stuff to fund an amplifier.

Mr. Limbic

Here is one option that I do to avoid a switching system (not to say I won't sometime this year though). I currently run a Timefactor and an H9. The H9 is slaved to the Timefactor. Every preset I change on the TF changes presets on the H9. Both the H9 and TF are controlled by a Pigtronix ep2 dual exp pedal so I can have exp presets saved per patch on both pedals and can inverse them if need be. The TF presets are controlled with a 3 button aux. The H9's pre/post is also being used to either be pre TF (for mod) or post TF (for verb/trem). Sounds complicated but it's very simple. I'm not sure what pedals you are using but this + the side track loops of my amptweaker pro drive pedals controls everything effectively with minimal space and pedals. Feel free to ask questions, good luck

jjjacksonjjj

Here is one option that I do to avoid a switching system (not to say I won't sometime this year though). I currently run a Timefactor and an H9. The H9 is slaved to the Timefactor. Every preset I change on the TF changes presets on the H9. Both the H9 and TF are controlled by a Pigtronix ep2 dual exp pedal so I can have exp presets saved per patch on both pedals and can inverse them if need be. The TF presets are controlled with a 3 button aux. The H9's pre/post is also being used to either be pre TF (for mod) or post TF (for verb/trem). Sounds complicated but it's very simple. I'm not sure what pedals you are using but this + the side track loops of my amptweaker pro drive pedals controls everything effectively with minimal space and pedals. Feel free to ask questions, good luck

I used to do something similar. I used my Space to control my timeline, even I didn't need reverb I create a Space patch with the mix set to minimum, just to use the better switching and larger display. I then used my JVM 410's midi foot controller to set the presets for each song quickly between songs. I also had a single switchable loop in the front of the amp to kick in any drive or boost. It worked well.

mowatsmith

Not an ES-8, but I downgraded from a GigRig to nothing but toe-tapping to save space/board weight and missed a switching system greatly. Recently I added the Flex Reaction Compound 88 to my board and have been super happy again with the options and what little space it utilizes.

compound88-01_orig.jpg

Trending Topics

Top Bottom