• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Lifeson vs Emmanuel: who is the nicest guy?

ned7flat5

I was introduced to Tommy E while he was setting up at a country pub back in the 80’s when he and Phil were touring their duo act all over rural Oz. I was struck by his genuine interest in meeting people. He’s always been the same.

I first had some insight into Lifeson’s personality and his sense of humour through his cameo in an early Trailer Park Boys episode. There’s a YouTube clip where he turns up in the Ishibashi Store (Jason in the clip is an Aussie expat from my city and a very nice cat as well).

Bluesful

Silver Supporting Member

Tim Bowen

Because of my line of work, paths, and age, I've met many notables and have played with a few. Most have been kind and humble. One individual, who is an absolutely incendiary musician, and a musical hero of mine, represented himself as somewhat of a dick with ears at the time, but I'm reasonably certain that this was due to some coke doing the talking. At the risk of melodrama, what I've found generally is: the more gifted/insightful the artist/craftsman, the more sensitive the heart, and the quicker the wit.

How about nice girls, do you guys like them? I do. BOSS CE-2 two-knobber atop Fender Rhodes. Produced by Gary Katz. That's why it sounds like it does. 1981.

KHAN

I love that Alex has no clue of EL34's vs. 6L6's. He had access to lots of gear and just found what he liked.

Trending Topics