Light to Medium OD suggestions...

jwilliams

Looking for a light to medium gain OD for mostly rhythm chord work. I'm playing mainly a Custom Lite Les Paul and an SG standard through a Sewell Texaplex (EL34) and a Z Best 2x12. Right now I've got an OCD and a Maxon OD808. Thinking of trading the Maxon. It doesn't sound very natural to me. I use the OCD for mostly higher gain stuff. Suggestions?

fretless

Silver Supporting Member
I think that a Barber LTD would fit the bill perfectly. It's made specifically to just do a light drive, and it's transparent.

sevenflatfive

+1 Barber LTD.

It can sweeten the "feel" of the notes on lower gain settings and provide a beautiful low gain overdrive on higher settings. There are a few different specs out there depending on your "mid-hump" preferences.

btmish

Might want to look at N.O.C.3 Pure Drive. It is one of the most natural light ODs I have played.

sickboy79

Way to many options to list. But, here's 3 that I own that fall right into that category and do the task extremely well:

Frantone Het Cat
Clark Gainster
Blackstone

bluesrules

For me Strat, Tele into Tweed fenders:

Silver kiss, bright but versatile (like it)
Barber/Clark Gainster, Dark not versatile (sold it)
MI Audio Blues Pro, Nice smooth and open, no Mid hump
Lovepedal FAB50 (like COT50) BEST strat sizzle for medium gain!!!

Get a Barber tone Pump and have a LIGHT and MEDIUM overdrive!!! Its a 2 channel overdrive. You can find them used for about $150 and its a very versitile overdrive, sounds very natural!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom