Like a Boss PH-3 but with a vibrato too?

andrew00

Hey,

I like the phaser used in Khruangbin's Friday Morning - It's a Boss PH-3 sounded nice and lush.

I don't know enough about phaser to know if the sound achieved is 'typical', i.e. if any phaser could get there, or if it's specific to the situation (i.e. that boss phaser + the general band's skill/sound)

I was wondering if there's a pedal that can get me there, but that also has a vibrato function. Ideally dual pedal (i.e. one for each) but a combo pedal with a switch between modes would work too as long as it covers the area. Or should I just be looking at the Boss?

Can anyone who knows phasers more help me out please. Thanks!

Jim Marciano

Silver Supporting Member
Never heard this thanks, According to equipboard he has the chase bliss warped vinyl so he could be running a vibrato on with it

I didn't really see anything reasonably priced that has phaser and chorus/vibrato, the walrus Lillian has a blend knob that may get in between the sounds but I don't think it would sound like that

I don't think you could find something with as many options as the boss ph3 cheaper, it's just over 50 bucks .. I would probably get that and a behringer uv300 vibrato which I think Sweetwater finally has back in stock for like 25 and you can probably get close ... Or instead of the behringer you could get a walrus Julia and get chorus or vibrato but it's more than the uv300

oansun

Silver Supporting Member
EQD Grand Orbiter has both. Diamond Phase has both.
I'd assume that looking at a PH-3 would mean those are probably too expensive for you, so yea just get the behringer Vibrato and the Boss phaser I'm not actually a fan of the Boss digital phaser thing, so I'd probably recommend basically anything else. But we like what we like so IDK. Having a dual pedal of just vibrato and phaser doesn't seem necessarily enticing for more than a handful of people, why not have 2 pedals? I'm not understanding.

andrew00

Thanks for the suggestions so far, I'll def check those ones out.

On the Boss point - I don't really care about the Boss pedal per se, more that that particular phaser sound sounded really nice and lush.

If it can be achieved with other pedals then please suggest any! I'm def up for trying anything.

Price isn't really a problem, happy to pay for quality.

Riffa

TC Shaker is a vibrato pedal that happens to have a few (very cool-sounding) phasey/vibey toneprints. I like mine a lot.

Trending Topics