like super-hero movies that are human? Then watch 'Daredevil' on NetFlix

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by lespaulreedsmith, Apr 30, 2016.

1. lespaulreedsmith

lespaulreedsmith Member

where the wind comes sweepin' down the plains
    binge watched it and I must say it is quite good in the 'relationship' department and the 'action' department and also the 'attractive actresses' lol department... ('Electra' and 'Karen') and it is again (as other threads have said) worth watching...:aok

2. bobbyatomic

bobbyatomic Member

I could never get passed the fact that his super power seemed to be that he was blind but had honed his other senses so that he could use them to "see", so basically he didn't really have an advantage over anyone who wasn't blind, which does beg the question why the writers bothered to make him blind in the first place when it had next to no bearing on anything that ever happened.

newking70 likes this.
  3. Darkburst

Darkburst Member

Daredevil has his other senses extremely heightened. Way beyond what any normal human has. Plus he has a sort of sonar that allows him to "see" better too. The comic books kinda explain it more than the show.

firebird1999us and A-Bone like this.
  4. ERGExplorer

ERGExplorer Member

You must have skipped every episode where a sighted person was surprised when he could hear or smell someone several floors away in a building, or could hear someone's heartbeat (and possibly tell they were lying), and so on.

If you were out of the room during, or fast forwarding through, every such instance, I can see not getting into the show... along with each episode seeming really short.

A-Bone likes this.
  5. Bucksears

Bucksears Silver Supporting Member

Season 2 (especially the finale) was awesome. They raised the bar this go-round.
    Check out 'Jessica Jones' if you haven't already. Also, there is a 'Luke Cage' trailer out now, looks to be cut from the same quality cloth as the others. Netflix/Marvel are killing it these days.

6. Bryan T

Bryan T guitar owner Silver Supporting Member

I don't normally get excited about action sequences, but the season 2 sequences were fantastic.

7. Tone_Terrific

Tone_Terrific Supporting Member

The camera work is outstanding in this show, imo, although the low lighting atmospheric stuff is kind of dull and the sound sucks i.e. scooped eq makes female voices disappear..(it may be just me:oops:)

8. sahhas

sahhas Member

Daredevil was awesome
    Jessica jones was ok I found it slow at times... But the villian was good

9. DustyRhodesJr

DustyRhodesJr Supporting Member

I liked the part around the 2nd or 3rd episode when the Russian guy came to Rosario Dawson's
    door looking for Matt while Matt was hiding inside.

She bluffed the guy so he left and she thought he was gone, but Matt got her out of there as he
    could smell the guy still in the bldg. and could tell he was returning.

10. firebird1999us

firebird1999us Member

Very well done show.... But that guy takes a lot of punishment from people other than the punisher. How long could someone legitimately continue getting the hell beat out of them like that:messedup

lespaulreedsmith likes this.