Lil Dawg 35 Watt & Better Built Cabinet

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by EndOfSystem, Feb 29, 2008.

1. EndOfSystem

EndOfSystem Senior Member

I've got a Lil' Dawg 35 Watt 5E3 coming next week and since Jim is not building cabinets right now he told me about Better Built Workshop.
    A number of boutique builders use them. The cab came today, amp to catch up next week. I starting off with Weber 50 watt Blue Dog Ceramic that I have here. This is a beautiful cabinet for sure.

Since Jim is using a standard chassis I could easily get a cabinet for it.
    I went with the "Deep Deluxe", same size as a trad. Deluxe cab except for an inch or so deeper. Which might be good seeing that the OT on the 35 watt D-Lux is a beast.

Here are some pics of the cabinet and some of the pics that Jim sent me of the build. He always sends "baby pictures" of the build in progress. Cool!

EOS

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. gkoelling

gkoelling Member

Very nice!

Be sure to post some pics when it's finished.

Thanks

3. EndOfSystem

Will do, should be here mid next week.

Yawlza!

4. eliot1025

eliot1025 Supporting Member

Thanks for this. I have a thread in this section asking about Better Built Workshops. Let us know how the cab sounds with the Weber ceramic Blue Dog - it's the same speaker I'm planning on using with a BBW cab. So, which boutique builders use BBW?

5. EndOfSystem

Ya' know, I don't have it first hand from BBW. So I'm a bit cautious to say.
    I'd rather you ask them if you don't mind.

I was using the blue dog with my Lil' Dawg 18 watt pug, now I use two weber 1230's.

I found the blue dog to be brighter than the 1230 and when pushed, the weber is kind of grittier. Like a Derrick and the Domino's gritty (depending on what your playing it with.) It nice and cutting, with allot of shimmer to it.

Once I get some nuts today to mount the blue dog, I'm going to play it with the 18 watt as an extension just to hear it again. It's a cool speaker.

EOS

6. toneman335

toneman335 Member

How did that Lil' Dawg turn out?