1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Limited Edition Deluxe Vintage Player '62 Strat

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by rdnzl, Jan 10, 2008.

1. rdnzl

rdnzl Member

I got this today. It is a Limited Edition Deluxe Vintage Player '62 Strat. Purchased right here on the Gear Page Emporium, thank you very much!

A special run American Series Strat.

My first impressions are very good. I love the neck, and it sounds great. I'll post more after I spend some more time with it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. rdnzl

rdnzl Member

Follow up.

It is a great guitar. I like the SCN pickups, the S-1 switch, and the 5-way. Lots of variety of tones. It's got lots of sustain, and the neck is fast and the 9.25 radius is nice, with real nice piece of maple. Workmanship is flawless. It makes my Am DLX jealous.

I did some research and found some more info on this model. I think Fender goofed when they marketed these things. The name caused a lot of confusion, and people didn't really know what the hell they were.

They should have left AMERICAN in the name, as a lot of people assumed it was MIM. They should have made it clearer that they are thin skin nitro. Yes, the blue ones are, too. I also understand that a few left the factory without the neck plate screws tightened down properly and some people received theirs with the high E string almost on the edge of the fretboard. So there was some bad press going around the 'net about "crooked necks" and bridges that were too wide, going around. But 5 minutes with a phillips screwdriver was all they needed.
    Whoever the inspector was on those should have been fired.

Guitar Center ended up blowing them out at $900, even though they originally sold for $1399.

A hybrid of an AV '62 and an American Deluxe, with plenty of mojo. I think Fender blew it with their marketing, and if they had done it right, it would still be a good seller.

3. quinto

quinto Member

I used to have one identical to it. Sure wish I still had it. Very good looking and sounding guitar. Never sell it except to me.

4. strat222

strat222 Silver Supporting Member

Lucky dog. I tried to buy that guitar, but I was too late.

Enjoy!!

5. rdnzl

rdnzl Member

You would have liked it. A lot.

;)

6. bluesmain

bluesmain Member