Well, this seems premature.
I didn't love what I heard before the video stopped playing. Any idea what sounds are in there?
"The Catalyst 200 amplifier offers six Original Amp Designs—ranging from pristine clean to modern high-gain—crafted using our renowned HX sound design techniques to ensure exceptional tone and feel."Seems like Line6's response to the Boss Katana. They will sell a boatload of these for folks looking for a reasonably priced combo amp for home or small gigs.
Sounds pretty decent to my ears with a reasonably easy to use UI. It's not going to blow the socks off people using a Helix or Axe-Fx etc but they are not the intended market anyway. Glad they decided to bury the Spider brand too, Catalyst is a nice name.
I wonder if the amp models are based on custom models of Helix firmware 3.15 and the upcoming 3.2?
PS. EytchPi42 should use a tuner more often.
The Catalyst 200 amplifier offers six Original Amp Designs—ranging from pristine clean to modern high-gain—crafted using our renowned HX sound design techniques to ensure exceptional tone and feel. This powerful and sturdily constructed combo is equally suited for stage or studio use, and features an XLR line output and a 4-channel USB recording interface. Also included is a Boost circuit customized for each amp type, a dedicated Reverb section with six reverb types, 18 additional effects, an effects loop, a Power Amp input for using Catalyst 200 as a powered speaker, MIDI In (via DIN connector or USB), and power attenuation options for playing at any volume. The free Catalyst Edit app for desktop and mobile devices provides deep editing capabilities. Add an optional LFS2 footswitch for even more flexibility, and an optional cover to protect your combo.
- 200-watt, dual-channel 2x12 combo amp (with optional LFS2 footswitch)
- Catalyst 200 operates like a traditional amp—but provides increased versatility
- 6 Original Amp Designs—pristine clean to modern high-gain
- Dedicated Boost and Reverb sections (6 reverb types), 18 Effects (3 types)
- Power attenuator (half power, 0.5 watts, Mute) for reduced volume
- XLR line output for pro connection to P.A. or recording devices
- Effects loop and Power Amp input for integrating external devices
- MIDI In via DIN connector or USB
- 4-channel audio interface, MIDI, and Mac®/iOS®/PC/AndroidTM connectivity via USB
- Free Catalyst Edit app for desktop and mobile devices