Line 6 DL4 MkII

Digital Igloo

Hey @Digital Igloo, would it be possible to get a list of the bugs w/ their status?

I searched this thread and didn't see it mentioned, but I cannot save tempo changes to my custom presets using the tap tempo foot switch (not an external FS, but rather the 'TAP' button). Normally after tapping in a new tempo, the active preset should flicker every few seconds acknowledging a change and would then allow me to hold it down, saving the new tempo. I'm not talking subdivisions either, but just a basic change in 1/4 note tempo.

Also, another issue I hope has been taken care of. Let's say I saved a preset at 115 bpm, but now were playing live and it's just a tweak faster. If I tap in the faster 'live' tempo on the fly, I get the chipmunk swirl sounds, which sounds awful. I don't ever recall the OG DL4 doing this when adjusting tap tempo on the fly (with the preset on).

Also, thanks for all the hard work. We haven't become ungrateful here, just a bit nervous and eager for Line 6 to make it right.
Yep, I'm working on Release Notes now. Tapers have been improved as well.

EDIT: I'm crossing all ten fingers and ten toes but an update could be available as soon as next Tuesday. There's a tiny tiny chance of this Thursday, but unfortunately I can't promise anything.

Last edited:

voxylady

Oh?

Is the tap tempo not registering quick taps in there as well?

Degrading Looper was originally supposed to the in the MKII. It's bugged out. Saving subdivisions per preset was originally supposed to be in the MKII. It's bugged out.

tktk

"bUt ThAt'S hOw ThE oRiGiNaL wAs"

Yes, we wanted to keep the good things about the original, and not include the bad things. This seems like the most half baked pedal ever conceived. Line 6 KNEW what we liked about the OG DL4 and what didn't work. They just gave us a copy of the DL4 with all it's crappy aspects, and threw new algo's in that were already made for the Helix. Then to have it release with all these bugs as well? And still not fixed yet?

What a s***show.
Oh, the OG's mix knob definitely wasn't like that. When they told us that in this thread I still had mine and checked it.

tktk

The taper on the knobs on this thing are so bad I don't understand why they aren't physically notched because some of them seem to have like 5 settings across the whole 270 degree swing. I also hope this gets fixed or adjusted, but I doubt it will.

There is always an inherent user interface issue with analog knobs translating to digital settings where you need some 'play' or 'dead zone' near the start of a swing so you don't accidentally bump an effect on, but it's really abysmal on this. The UA Dream's reverb is a great example of it working well - from off to about 1.5 on the knob it does nothing an then baaarely fades in and moves up organically from there in a way that I can't tell it's digitally doing anything, it operates just like an analog reverb knob once you get past that starting point and it feels like there are a hundred values in the rest of the rotation, which is IMO how all digital effects modeling analog hardware should operate.
Yeah, I watched the video of the mix knob behavior someone posted in this thread. They told us that's the same on the OG, which wasn't my experience. Anyway, they tell us they already fixed and will release the FW soon. Hopefully, you guys beta testers soon fully enjoy your green little bug machine.
I just want to know if they already added or will add a feedback control on the classic looper though.

silverburstlp

EDIT: I'm crossing all ten fingers and ten toes but an update could be available as soon as next Tuesday. There's a tiny tiny chance of this Thursday, but unfortunately I can't promise anything.
Now I can finally execute my insider trading scheme and make billions off this super secret information. Horsey Klon here I come!

binkydognose

Two people on this thread who did (myself and someone else) encountered the Mk2 freezing when a sd card was used to save the loop… :dunno
I'm one, new card formatted in DL4 per instructions. The one-switch looper freezes unit consistently, regular looper often w/switching from looper to delays w/encoder switch. Works without the SD card installed but haven't invested a lot of time in it - waiting for updated firmware.

flantrax

Gold Supporting Member

I'm really hoping "Working on Release Notes" isn't the new "It's soaking":)

jonthomas83

Strange to say this because I had to send it back for financial reasons...but I loved my MkII for the two weeks I had it. It sounded immense and I'm just now getting back to the point where I may be able to repurchase one. I can't wait to be in the position to get another, I miss the sounds it made. I love it. Shame to read about everyone who's not enjoying it. Great news to hear about the imminent FW update, too.

Glitchy

So I finally got an SD card for looper use. It works….but it seems to get the pedal to recall the loop you have to eject the SD card and reinsert it. The play/stop button will then light up and you have access to your loop. It won’t recall the loop if the card is left in the unit on power down. It has to be ejected and put back to recognize that the loop is there.

@Digital Igloo

Last edited:

slowerhand

Silver Supporting Member
Strange to say this because I had to send it back for financial reasons...but I loved my MkII for the two weeks I had it. It sounded immense and I'm just now getting back to the point where I may be able to repurchase one. I can't wait to be in the position to get another, I miss the sounds it made. I love it. Shame to read about everyone who's not enjoying it. Great news to hear about the imminent FW update, too.
And at a very fair price too, in today's market. I was never worried they won't be good for an update.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom