line 6 expression pedal...really bad?

Sam Rey

Is the expression pedal for the M9 really as bad as some reviews claim? If so, what is a better similarly priced option?

this1smyne

i've had a few. i never use the Line 6 one live cause it ALWAYS breaks.... literally, i'm not extremely heavy footed, but i've crushed (ie: completely destroyed broken into a dozen pieces with teh only salvageable part being the pot and jack) 2 of them live, leaving me without an EXP ped for some gigs.... was not a good thing.

since than i've coughed up the extra for a 25k ernie ball, and its LEAGUES better and sturdier.

Tweeker

Silver Supporting Member
i've had a few. i never use the Line 6 one live cause it ALWAYS breaks....
Yup, mine broke with almost no pressure. True crap.
I ended up with a very solid Foxrox (Proel), but it's no longer available.

thesooze

Silver Supporting Member
i've had a few. i never use the Line 6 one live cause it ALWAYS breaks.... literally, i'm not extremely heavy footed, but i've crushed (ie: completely destroyed broken into a dozen pieces with teh only salvageable part being the pot and jack) 2 of them live, leaving me without an EXP ped for some gigs.... was not a good thing.

since than i've coughed up the extra for a 25k ernie ball, and its LEAGUES better and sturdier.
Do you have to use the 25k Ernie Ball w/ the M9-- not the 250k? Difference between passive and active, yes?

this1smyne

i think you can use the 250k too, but the EXP rating in the manual is between 10-25k. so the 25k sweep works better as an expression unit.

Trending Topics