1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

line 6 expression pedal...really bad?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Sam Rey, May 22, 2011.

1. Sam Rey

Sam Rey Member

Is the expression pedal for the M9 really as bad as some reviews claim? If so, what is a better similarly priced option?

2. bronco1891

bronco1891 Member

i have one and i have no complaints. its great!

3. this1smyne

this1smyne Member

i've had a few. i never use the Line 6 one live cause it ALWAYS breaks.... literally, i'm not extremely heavy footed, but i've crushed (ie: completely destroyed broken into a dozen pieces with teh only salvageable part being the pot and jack) 2 of them live, leaving me without an EXP ped for some gigs.... was not a good thing.

since than i've coughed up the extra for a 25k ernie ball, and its LEAGUES better and sturdier.

4. rolltide

rolltide Member

5. Tweeker

Tweeker Supporting Member

Yup, mine broke with almost no pressure. True crap.
    I ended up with a very solid Foxrox (Proel), but it's no longer available.

6. Sam Rey

Sam Rey Member

Wow.....thanks for the info. Y'all probably saved me a couple of bucks and some headaches.

7. thesooze

thesooze Member

Do you have to use the 25k Ernie Ball w/ the M9-- not the 250k? Difference between passive and active, yes?

8. this1smyne

this1smyne Member

i think you can use the 250k too, but the EXP rating in the manual is between 10-25k. so the 25k sweep works better as an expression unit.