Line 6 HD500x question

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by jammers5, Jan 20, 2015.

1. jammers5

jammers5 Member

Hi everyone:

So i have the Line 6 HD500x, and being the tube snob I THOUGHT I was, am surprised how much I am digging this unit! We had our second rehearsal with it last night and the other members of the band were amazed not only of the limitless sounds it can produce, but the quality of the sound!

Anyhow I have noticed one small issue, but I am sure it is user error vs. anything wrong with the unit. I have a bunch of patches stored on the computer in a folder. I transferred them over to the " Pod HD500x edit" program,then synced them to the Pod. All good.

Problem is, I found some more patches next day and opened up the" Pod HD500x edit" program to find the patches i stored yesterday all gone! No problem I thought I'll just upload them from the pod again....but as soon as i hooked the usb cable up it started syncing...and it synced TO the Pod,not FROM the pod....meaning I lost all my patches in the pedal also.

This has happened 3x so far and i cannot figure out how to stop it from happening! HELP!

J5

Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
  2. hobbes1

hobbes1 Member

hmmm. I have the HD500 and have not experienced this. Maybe make sure the firmware is updated to latest and/or try factory reset then re-download your patches from computer to 500x.

3. Foss38

Foss38 Member

Two thoughts ~

1. Rename the HD500 file extentions to the 500X extention which is .5xe

2. You have to save each patch. If there is an asterick beside your patch name in the window it has not been saved. You have to individually save each one.

4. Gtrman100

Gtrman100 Member

How are you storing your patches? The best way to back up HD is to use "save bundle as" command under the File menu. Then you can open that bundle and the "Send" command to save individual patches, setlists or entire bundles to the Pod. I use it after every modification to my presets.

5. jammers5

jammers5 Member

ahhh I assumed the presets were automatically stored when you drag this into the HD500x Edit program......
    :bonk

Thanks! Gtrman100!!

J5

6. jammers5

jammers5 Member

OK....now I spent a better part of an hour setting up a GREAT Fender Deluxe sound with a few drive pedals, reverb and delay. I assigned the pedals to footswitches.....

but now I am afraid to hook it up to the USB because the last time I did the computer software presets synced to the unit, not the unit to the software on the computer!

How do i prevent that from happening?

J5

7. Gtrman100

Gtrman100 Member

You need to RTFM instead of asking questions like this because there are many deep options in this unit. Once you've tweaked your preset, Hit the store button twice. When you plug in the USB, it will ask it you want to retrieve the presets from the unit. You know what the answer is...

8. Chris Martins

Chris Martins Member

Well, you can also work on the preset in the software editor and just drag and drop the preset from the program to your desktop, so it's saved outside of the gear and program for you.

[​IMG]

9. jammers5

jammers5 Member

I did "read the f-ing manual"...maybe not sit down and analyze every single page...anyhow the last time I plugged it in it AUTOMATICALLY started syncing without asking anything ! I checked for settings and didn't see anything about "automatic sync when connected to usb"

Listen, I appreciate all the help, but if the questions bother you, just ignore me. If I ask the question here it means I have looked it up in the manual AND googled it, which I did in this instance!

Again, thanks everyone for their help. Without it I would have returned this unit last week.....

J5

10. xr400

xr400 Member

I thought RTFM stood for "Really Try to Find the Monkeys"? It helped me. If you put peanuts outside the HD500X sure enough 3 feisty monkeys came scampering out and after I shoo'ed them outside the POD works perfectly. Now the neighbors are complaining their stereo is acting crazy. If they only knew.