Line 6 Helix Fatality Amp Clip

Rick Wilson

Silver Supporting Member

I read a few posts on The Big Helix thread about folks loving the Fatality Amp Model. I was intrigued. Frankly, I pushed right past that amp just from the name alone.
We had a little "snow day" in Boston Saturday so I hunkered down in my man cave to explore this Fatality Amp. Loved it! Then I got working on recording something with this model. I paired it with an Redwirz Mesa Rectifier 412 V30 IR (sm57) My goal was to play a track/solo with each of my guitars Tele, Strat, and Les Paul - Loved the amp with each guitar! Bass Guitar was the GK amp into an Redwirz Hartke 45XL (U47FET). Drums = Logic drummer.
Clean guitars were AC30 into an OH212 VX30 Blue
All other lead sounds are the Fatality with each of the 3 guitars - all the same patch.

Here's to a fun snow day and Fatality!

Last edited:

MusicLaw

Double Platinum Member
Great Job! Tasty, Complex, and Sweet!
5 1/2 minutes of great listening.
Even better playing it a few times!

Last edited:

MusicLaw

Double Platinum Member
Rick and Frank,

Perhaps you guys can come to an understanding to clear this track for use as a Helix Fatality demo to be played in the Line 6 NAMM booth next week!?

Just say'in.... This track is that good!

Last edited:

Rick Wilson

Silver Supporting Member
Great Job! Tasty, Complex, and Sweet!
5 1/2 minutes of great listening.
Even better playing it a few times!

thank you very much! It's a testament to Helix and all the great work the entire Line6 team has put in to make such an inspired product! The last year I've played and practiced more than I have any other time in my life. Truly an inspiring piece of gear. Puts a smile on my face everytime I play!

Pat6969

Yes, this really sounds as good as anything out there. I gave up on the whole modelling thing and went back to real amps but this has me rethinking my decision! Well, not really, but it sounds excellent. Good job.

Mr. Brady

Silver Supporting Member
Loved this, thanks for sharing. I like Tim Pierce and have his instrumental album on iTunes. This is right down that alley style wise and dare I say very close in the tone department. When can we by the album? :D

Rick Wilson

Silver Supporting Member
Loved this, thanks for sharing. I like Tim Pierce and have his instrumental album on iTunes. This is right down that alley style wise and dare I say very close in the tone department. When can we by the album? :D

Wow - kind of blown away by the Tim Pierce comparison. He's an amazing player! I'll need more snow days to get an album out there but I hope to in the next year or so! Day job keeps getting in the way ;)

Rick Wilson

Silver Supporting Member
Are the IR's available & if so where?

Hi there - The IRs are Ownhammers so readily available on their website. The lead/distorted rhythm parts used a mesa rectifier 412 V30s with an sm57 and the clean parts paired the AC30 with Ownhammer VX30 Blue

Rick Wilson

Silver Supporting Member
Wow...That was really great composition, playing, tones and production! Did you play the drums and bass as well?[/QUO

Hi Guitardave - Thank you very much for the kind words! I played the bass as well and the drums are Logic Pro's "Drummer" plugin, so I didn't play the drums but I arranged the drum parts of the song. If you are a mac guy, the drummer plugin in Logic Pro is probably one of the most intuitive and easy to "program" drum plugins out there. Check it out if that's up your alley!
I wanted to add as well, that I used Helix as my interface straight into Logic - no other mojo. I did used Izotope Ozone 7 on the overall mix/master of the song. All the reverbs/delays/effects on all guitar parts were recorded "live" to "tape" -

Trending Topics

Top Bottom