Line 6 HX Stomp

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by mikah912, Oct 4, 2018.

1. DarrellM5

DarrellM5 Member

Here you go.

[​IMG]

LordByron, JiveTurkey and steviek19 like this.
  2. JiveTurkey

JiveTurkey Trumpets and Tants Silver Supporting Member

Excellent power supply.

LordByron likes this.
  3. fazer

fazer Member

I agree.

4. fazer

fazer Member

Lower input impedance causes guitar pickup loading and tone suck and is only really useful for fuzz pedals. Auto on Helix used to select 1M as default, which was best in my opinion, but it was changed to select the impedance of the modelled unit selected in the first block in the chain.

CameronJ and yeky83 like this.
  5. Sean413

Sean413 Member

Thank you !!! I’m thinking about getting one and only using it as a amp and cab sim with maybe a compressor.. I love my pedal board and effects sounds but need a quiet setup

6. GaryMcT

GaryMcT Gold Supporting Member

I agree too. Was getting some serious tone suck and set to 1 meg and it’s much better. Had to bump up the output volume too.

fazer likes this.
  7. Exiled_On_Main_St

Exiled_On_Main_St Member

Is the Stomp out in the U.K./EU? It says awaiting stock on every site. Any confirmed release date? Cheers.

8. killa j

killa j Supporting Member

This may have been answered already, but I don’t see anything about it in the HX Stomp manual. Is there a way to change the speaker emulation or IRs in a Powercab Plus with the HX Stomp? With 6 blocks, I’m thinking the Powercab Plus would help out a lot by freeing up the block an IR would take. But I wouldn’t want to have to manually change the speaker emulation or IR when I changed to a different preset that sounds better with a different speaker.

mmmaslowski and jruano like this.
  9. Tito83

Tito83 Member

No. 1M was the default, auto never changed. And no, it's not just useful for fuzz pedals. Each model was designed to work w/ the proper input impedance. Yes, most of them will have 1M as default, but a lot of overdrive pedals have input impedances other than 1M. For example, to have the best representation of a Tube Screamer per design, if the Tube Screamer is first, you want the input impedance set to 230k.

10. flatulentmatt

flatulentmatt Member

Here's a question. Since the loop connections effectively have a dual send and dual return (as they're stereo) would this mean the hardware technically allows for 2 mono loops?

So with a firmware update, would it be possible to forgo the stereo feature of the loop and instead have 2 mono loop blocks? Being able to configure the loops to be used like this would be quite useful I would've thought (forgetting about the block limits for a second).

yeky83 and Vibroluxman like this.
  11. jruano

jruano Member

I'm interested in this as well, as PC is what I'm leaning towards to use with Stomp

mmmaslowski likes this.
  12. mmmaslowski

mmmaslowski Member

Same here; since it utilizes an analogue connection, it may not be possible at all. A L6 Link could potentially help with that (to my understanding, at least), but that port is not available on the HX Stomp. Still, would love to see that implemented. Other than that, another home run for Line 6, IMHO.

13. DarrellM5

DarrellM5 Member

Yep, it allows for 2 mono loops right now. In my photo up above I was running the bottom row of stomp boxes with one loop and the top row with the other.

14. Funky Claude

Funky Claude Member

From HX Stomp Manual: When selecting different presets,HX Stomp automatically transmits a MIDI Program Change message corresponding to the selected preset.

From Powercab Manual: The Powercab 112 Plus active guitar speaker system responds to traditional MIDI Program Change messages from an external MIDI device (or from MIDI software via USB) and will recall presets 000-127 accordingly.

aleclee, mmmaslowski and killa j like this.
  15. DarrellM5

DarrellM5 Member

So that means it can be done just by changing presets. I tried this with my REVV amp to switch MIDI channels and it worked just fine. It can't currently be done with snapshots but I can live with that.

Funky Claude likes this.
  16. MixMinisterMike

MixMinisterMike Member

hopefully 2.7 brings the ability to choose which PC to send, rather than having to match the preset #s on both devices.

17. flatulentmatt

flatulentmatt Member

Wait, what? So you can already control 2 loop blocks within the Stomp if you so choose?

18. DarrellM5

DarrellM5 Member

Yes sir. The following blocks can be inserted into your signal chain:
    • Send/Return
      • Mono
        • Send L
        • Send R
        • Return L
        • Return R
        • FX Loop L
        • FX Loop R
      • Stereo
        • Send L/R
        • Return L/R
        • FX Loop L/R
    This is how it's possible to run dual amps in 7 cable method too.
    I was running guitar in > FX Loop L > HX Placater amp > FX Loop R > HX cabinet > HX LA2A compressor > out to my PA. I had 5 pedals in FX Loop L and 4 in FX Loop R. It worked perfectly. The only accessory I needed was a TRS to dual 1/4" Female TS Y Cable for the FX Loop send output.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
    filo01, danieloux, mbenigni and 2 others like this.
  19. Rewolf

Rewolf Member

Boss WL-20 would appear to be the best option; Line 6 G10 base wasn't supposed to be gigable hence the micro USB port - the Boss has built in 12 hour battery on both transmitter and receiver.

Perhaps L6 could reconsider Wireless VDI now the costs are coming down

mbenigni likes this.
  20. Exiled_On_Main_St

Exiled_On_Main_St Member

Guys, has this been released in the EU yet?