Line 6 Keeley DL4 and bypass tone...

kldonegan

Hello folks. I'm hoping some of you can chime in here. A search gave me some good info, but not an answer to this particular issue.

To my ears, the DL4 changes the bypass tone when off. It makes it brittle in Alternate Bypass mode, and a bit muffled, with a loss of sparkle, in True Bypass mode. I want to know if Keeley's mod addresses this specific problem. I know it addresses the background noise and volume drop, so I'm hoping that it also corrects this. Having all those sounds in one place works really well for me, I just don't dig what it does to my signal... My overdrives in particular. Thanks.

kldonegan

Well aware of that link...
It mentions over a dozen changes to improve sound, or whatever, but my question is specific to the bypass tone. Which he doesn't mention. Which is why I'm asking. About the BYPASS.

RDM

Why don't you just ask keeley yourself?

email: fx@rkfx.com
Keeley Electronics
6400 Industrial Blvd. 2nd Floor
Edmond, OK 73034

SHOP TELEPHONE NUMBER 1-405-341-2025
TOLL FREE 1-8668-go-rkfx (1-866-846-7539)
Call Monday-Thursday 11AM to 5PM Central Time
(Please try calling us before you email--email is a much slower process.)

Sniper-V

I've always wondered the same thing and that's actually the reason why I haven't invested in a DL4 with the Keeley mod.

I definitely don't care for what the stock DL4 does to your tone and I haven't had a chance to get my hands on a Keeley modded version.

But,

Even if the mods don't take care of the "bypass" tone I would still probably look at putting it in a looper, at least. That would take care of the tone sucking at least when off.

With that said,

This is a great time for delay pedals. A bunch of great ones out there, so the DL4 isn't the only option as far as "mutil" delay units:
  • DD-20
  • Nova Delay
  • Time Factor
  • Plus all the non-multi delay units

RDM

I dumped my DL4 for the DD20. Hoply crap...I wish I got the DD20 to begin with. Great sounding pedal....and lots of options for differnt delays once you start tweaking stuff.

Calling Curehardy

sent mine to keeley today. can't answer til then. i'm not much of tone suck hater ... but i can't stand white noise ... the dl-4 is extremely quiet stock, and i'm excited for what keeley has in store.

i have had a keeley dl4 before and i got to compare it to the timefactor ... the dl4 was sooooo much quieter and the digital delays weren't to far from each other.

i love the looping to the dl4, which is why i chose it over any other delay on the market right now.

i do have a maneco filter eko 2 coming this week ... so everything could change after that.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom