Line 6 "Let There Be Loud" 1-24-14

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by blynn894, Jan 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anacharsis

Anacharsis Member

From a gear perspective, absolutely. There's a lot of inexpensive gear that is not merely "useable," as snobs like to damn things with faint praise, but sound absolutely fantastic.

2. Rockfiddler

Rockfiddler Member

I try to remember the law of diminishing returns. My tone today is better and more consistent with a processor that cost less than 40% of my old board. If I wanted to see a significant improvement over that I have now, I would be laying out double to triple what I spent on my Pod. And that improvement would go probably unnoticed by almost everyone other than myself. It would make sense to invest that cash in the studio, where the minutae can be appreciated.

3. jbealsmusic

jbealsmusic Member

That's why I've stuck with my RP1000 and ELX112p for the last few years. I've toyed with the HD500x and GT100. While they both sound great, when I step back and do some self-blind listening to each of them, the differences are pretty small.

4. partytrain

partytrain Supporting Member

I've always loved my tone until people here on TGP tell my why I shouldn't.

5. hanales

hanales Member

:spit

6. knuckle

knuckle Guest

Yep, in my rehearsal room. Love the thing

[​IMG]

7. Stinky Kitty

Stinky Kitty Supporting Member

Say what you will but if given the time to tweak, the Vetta...even to this day...can deliver some righteous tones but that's its own Achilles Heel. I think the secret to modeling for an affordable price is getting these Borg box interfaces down to where it doesn't take days/weeks to figure 'em out. Lose the buttons. Bring back rotary knobs. Make the process of getting to these ever-improving tones simple, make sure the dials are what you see, what you get, lose the effects you'll rarely use and put the research back into the interface and they'll have a winner.

8. mtmartin71

mtmartin71 Silver Supporting Member

Now THAT is signature worthy!

9. SnowfaLL

SnowfaLL Member

And thats whats so stupid about TGP.. Yes, I own the AxeFXII now and had a Kemper last year, but even with my pod HD500 I NEVER had trouble getting good tone. So when all these idiots come in here and say "Line 6 makes crap" I just tell them the truth; they do not know how to use the product properly.

Since products from 2010, (Zoom G3, HD500, GT100, etc) you can get a professional tone that 99% of the audience (or even so called "experts" on here) would never be able to tell the difference in a listening test.

10. lspaulsp

lspaulsp Gold Supporting Member

The reason I still use my Flextone III live. It just sounds GOOD!

11. SnowfaLL

SnowfaLL Member

I've never tried a flextone but I love the idea.. Really hoping this product is essentially that; Pod HD guts in a FRFR speaker. Add custom-loadable impulses so I can put ownhammer IR's in there, and I'd probably sell the axefx II honestly.

12. mattball826

mattball826 Member

i just hope its not an ios dongle fest.

13. rich_chaffins

rich_chaffins Member

I'd be seriously flummoxed if it was. I'm sure they saw how that worked out for Digitech.

14. derek_32999

derek_32999 Member

Maybe it worked out better for digitech(and everyone else who has embraced the iecosystem) than you guys think?

15. RJT

RJT Member

I owned one.. You were damn lucky if you could make it through a night without at least 2-3 bugs making you restart the pedal. I sold mine within 2 weeks of buying it. It didn't sound bad at all.. But DigiTech never released any fixes for anything substantial. It's a shame that they didn't put more effort into it.. They could have done some seriously groundbreaking things if they did. They had dual processors in the unit.. Imagine what they could have done, utilizing the iPad processors as well. I'd like to see someone like Line 6 take a whack at it. Just not now, because I would highly appreciate this new reinvented amplifier to be something that I could integrate my 500x with. :D

16. cyclops

cyclops Member

I've been gigging a Line 6 StageScape M20d for almost a year now. Never had any problems with it. Have even started running sound for other people because of the ease of using the mixer and setup / teardown. I love everything that is built into it, you can't find some things like the Multiband compressor and adjustable de-esser on any mixer until you get a LOT more expensive.

17. jerryratpack

jerryratpack Gold Supporting Member

Not to turn this into a Digitech thread, but I agree 100 % . Just thinking about this last night again. One of the reasons us ipb-10 users were really upset is that a little more man power and effort, Digitech could of unleashed this beast and set a new bar. I know the dongle thing let me down big time, but it could been a contender and the product to beat in its class.... But looking back on their history, it seems they have good products that they seem never willing to take the next step and make it great... I mean look at the GSP and having to do an unofficial update which seems to be fantastic... What the heck are they thinking ?

As far as line 6" I think the podHD had some beautiful tones inside it, but for me, was so finicky , I had a hard time zeroing in on that sound in my head fully, But they are in there... I think it was a great step forward with their amp modeling...

18. Gary Ladd

Gary Ladd Member

The POD series was obsolete the minute Eleven Rack hit the shelves.

Now with Fractal/Kemper out there pushing the frontiers of DSP, and Yamaha is currently acquiring Line6, I doubt that Let There Be Loud will be heard much further than Line6's corporate parking lot...

:wave

19. dramaticrunner

dramaticrunner Member

What a ridiculous statement

20. Pietro

Pietro 2-Voice Guitar Junkie and All-Around Awesome Guy

No offense... but... no...

Some prefer one, some the other, for different reasons.

Both are still available (and apparently still selling) new.

If anything, the Eleven looks like it has less real future (Avid seems to have no real interest in developing this excellent product or its possible successors further), whereas the HD 500 received a recent refresh.

My HD 500 didn't stop making great tones for me the minute the Eleven rack hit the shelves.

again... people... remember... one size does not fit all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.