Line 6 M13 4CM Issue - could use some help!

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by flyingheelhook, Apr 17, 2015.

1. flyingheelhook

flyingheelhook Member

Overview: I use an M13 normally without any issue running into a Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue. Read about the 4CM method and wanted to test it since the Blues Deluxe has an effects loop, so I ordered a pedal snake. Got everything set up where it tested fine without adjusting where the send/return fell within the individual effects (FX) banks (i.e. Pre-all).

So, then I went into the M13, set up a new scene for testing. For each FX bank, I dialed in the same effects: phaser, chorus and flanger at default settings so no matter what effect bank I chose, each effect would be at the same settings.

I tested this and each bank played each effect properly. (in order, bank FX1/phaser, bank FX2/phaser, etc.)

I then went into scene setup and set the effects loop for PostFX1, and went to test the difference between the effect in FX1 and FX2. Immediately I heard that FX2 was not applying the effect. The same occurred for FX3 & FX4. I then tested the chorus and flanger similarly - FX1 played the signal with the effect applied while FX2, 3 & 4 played the signal without the effect.

I can't figure out why this is happening - I am guessing it is some simple setting but can't find it. Can anyone help?

2. flyingheelhook

flyingheelhook Member

Note: I also tested the amp effects loop by plugging the guitar directly in, and running the effects loop through another stomp box and that worked fine.

3. flyingheelhook

flyingheelhook Member

Nevermind, user error. I did have the cables run incorrectly.