• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Line 6 M5 vs. Nova Delay?

2-Bute

I realize this has been asked before, I've looked through some old threads and would like a few more opinions for my situation since most of the time people start hating on the M5 for only doing one effect at a time.

I'm currently using a Nova Delay + Carbon Copy combo for my delays- carbon copy for simple slapback, ND with presets for various special situations. Since the M5 is a similar footprint and offers more variety than the ND at a similar price, and I've noticed a slight amount of white noise with the ND-1, I'm wondering which you guys prefer (I will keep the carbon copy for simple analog sounds).

1. I'm mainly looking for basic digital/tape delay duties, with the occasional reverb, pad, or weird effect thrown in there.

2. One effect at a time doesn't bother me, and I don't need to change effects mid-song- again, this is basically a delay replacement, with occasional whammy/reverb/filter use when some soul-sucking pop cover requires it. Neither the ND-1 or M5 are ideal for changing presets mid-song, and I understand this is a function of their layout.

3. I use a Moen GEC-9 programmable looper, meaning I can true bypass either unit as needed- that said having a bunch of white noise rear its ugly head (more than the ND-1) when I have the loop selected is obviously undesirable.

Which would you choose? Am I going to be horribly disappointed in the M5 when my primary concerns are digital/tape style delay quality & noise level/dry signal quality?

Trending Topics