• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Line 6 M9 vs HX Effects

Bluesidae

Hi, I had posted a thread about purchasing a M9 or HX effects. I am a non-gigging player. I have a dilemma. I can get the HX Effects for $535. The M9 is available for $320. The HX price is a bit more than I want to spend, but....well you know where thus is going! I think the M9 looks a bit more straightforward. The HX is a newer model and seems to have a number of great features.

Thoughts?

Thx

Pope Murphy

M9 is definitely a little bit more user friendly. With that being said, if you can find and HX used within your price range, do that.

M9 is still rad, but I recommend HX over it. I've had both.

If you get an M9, you'll love it, but you WILL end up wishing that you sprung for the HX.

Bluesidae

Great points. The HX tone is significantly better?Unfortunately, in Canada, there aren't many opportunities to purchase used HX units. Compared to the M8, how complex is it to get up and running with the HX FX? I prefer to play, rather than tweak.

Pope Murphy

HX is a little more complicated to tweak compared to the M9 but I'm sure you'll figure it out and be fine. Theres's plenty of resources online to help you figure it out. M9 is still great, but you'll want more. Get a used HX, there's probably getting ready to be plenty more good deals on them.

sinner

Is the HX something easy to put out on the desk and plug into your mixer and powered monitor speakers, plug your guitar into and happy playing?

Benz2112

Memba?
Gold Supporting Member
Is the HX something easy to put out on the desk and plug into your mixer and powered monitor speakers, plug your guitar into and happy playing?
No, it isnt. If you want to do that, you want an HX stomp, because it has amp and speaker emulation. The hxfx just has the Helix effects, no amps or speaker cabs. It is made to be plugged into an amp, as a multi fx unit.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom