Line 6 MM4 (modulation modeler) Kelley mod?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by chrisle, Mar 18, 2008.

1. chrisle

chrisle Member

Has anyone had the Keeley mod done to their MM4? The drop in volume problem is what I'd like fixed the most.

2. Red Suede

Red Suede Member

Unmodded mine was useless, especially the Leslie when hit with a distorted signal. The effect would disappear. I use it all the time now, so it was worth it for me.

3. this1smyne

this1smyne Member

i have the dl4 and the keeley mod worked wonders. i'm saving up to have my mm4 modded by them, the price went up a little bit...

4. ecbluesman54

ecbluesman54 Member

I have the mod done to my MM4. I bought the MM4 new, and used it unmodded for a short time. The change was fairly drastic. I dont find a drop in signal, and the excessive noise is very low now.
    I would recomend it. Turn around time was also very quick from Keeley

5. black_manta

black_manta Member

If you do a search here for 'Jeorge Tripps MM4 mod' you will find the specs for the way huge/keeley mod. If you are confident with a soldering iron and have steady hands, you can mod it yourself. I did, and it turned out great. The cost of parts from Mouser is like $6.00. No disrespect here for Keeley, I love his products, but $100 is a bit steep for what is actually done in the mod, IMHO.

6. Reyybarra

Reyybarra Supporting Member

I love my dl-4 and i had the mm done at the same time, but when it came back I sold it within a week. The dl-4 has been the one thing on my pedal board that i always have with me. the mm just didn't sound good enough without the mod or with it. it sounded better dont get me wrong and the volume drop was fixed, it just didn't sound......."good" heh

Rey

7. this1smyne

this1smyne Member

i didn't realize you used to have an mm4 rey... your rig is so scaled away from that.... how long ago did you release it?

8. gearboy

gearboy Member

If you have an MM4, you have to have it modded, DIY or Keeley. Huge difference.

9. Reyybarra

Reyybarra Supporting Member

Yea I had the mm4 for like the summer of 04 when the mod was available i sent it in, got it and put it on ebay. I'm STILL scaling down. pedal board is like at 70lbs, it was up to 85lbs but my back can't handle that any more. anyhow

rey