Line 6 (or SOMEONE) needs to make.......

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by jimfog, Dec 31, 2005.

1. jimfog

jimfog Senior Member

..........a single sized pedal amp modeler, that just does ONE good clean amp sound, with maybe a reverb, excellent EQ and a couple decent cab choices.

I know a bunch of us would buy something like that, especially if it was priced in the ToneCore range. Perfect as a backup, or throw it at the end of the pedalboard you have already when you need to go direct.

Oh, and a GOOD headphone out would rock, too.....for practice.........

I dunno, I guess it's such a simple idea, it'll never work. Everyone wants tons of bells and whistles with these things......

-Jim

2. Moe45673

Moe45673 Member

Not necessarily. That is a good idea.

Maybe a Fender Deluxe, Marshall, Mesa/boogie, and roland jc amp models with a choice of either company or line 6 original modeled cabs in different sizes (2X10, 2X12, 4X10, 4X12) for a cheap price, with amp distortions included.

I mean, they already have the software, it would be a heavily scaled down podxt or something. Could run straight into a mixer. I like the idea

3. gdomeier

gdomeier Supporting Member

Isn't the tech21 sansamp that very thing?

4. Gamle John

Gamle John Member

That is a terrific distortion pedal but as an amp modeller it fails miserably.

What Line 6 aught to do is fire their intire design team. They got so many products that would be interesting if they wasn't so ******** ugly.

I also think the pedal sized amp modeler would be a good idea. If your amp broke down during a gig it would be a handy backup.

5. Unburst

Unburst Member

Good idea.

If Native Instruments could find a way of putting one of their combo plug-ins (AC30, Twin or Plexi) into some hardware it would make for a really useful piece of gear.

The Roland Micro-Cube is not that much bigger than a pedal and will do all those things and more.

6. bluesdoc

bluesdoc Gold Supporting Member Gold Supporting Member

I thought of something like that a long time ago. Have L6 make a small pedal into which you can download ONE PODxt setting, complete with effects. Let it be programmable so you can change your tone du jour. Have it run on 9v. I'll bet every pod owner would buy one.

I'm pretty sure they ignored me.....:NUTS

jon

7. Bad Henry

Bad Henry Member

I"ve been trying to get feedback on theZoom G2.1u which does what you ask plus has headphone jack and will record into your computer w/USB cord using Cubase!

8. Chadley

Chadley Supporting Member

Line 6 actually tried this.

http://www.line6.com/products/detail/30/

It had very basic amp modelling features that allowed for storage up 4 different presets. It was discontinued because no one bought them but you might be able to find one on ebay.

9. TomK

TomK Member

Line 6 did have the AM4 for a very brief period - as indicated by Chadley they did not sell.

The closest thing to what you want is the Yamaha Magicstomp. I have played with one and some of the settings are pretty good - particularly U29 which is some kind of a clean amp model that takes pedals pretty well. Reverbs and delays are pretty good too and it has a USB port and editing software if you are so inclined. I think these go for less than $150.

[​IMG]

http://www.yamaha.com/guitars/products/productdetail/0,,CNTID%253D60148%2526CTID%253D560749,00.html

10. Gamle John

Gamle John Member

The problem with the Line 6 pedal is that it only emulates amps - not cabs. You can not use it to plug directly into a PA system.

That makes it a strange pedal. It is an amp moddeler you can only play through an amp. Who needs that?

11. tfire

tfire Member

My Sansamp GT2 has worked for me direct to the PA when my amp failed. I was surprised how well it worked in practice.