Line 6 POD Go

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by TheSchwartz, Jan 15, 2020.

1. bluesdoc

bluesdoc Gold Supporting Member Gold Supporting Member

Yes, of course. Tomorrow - it's on my list. Thanks, Pappy

jon

2. Jdstrat

Jdstrat Silver Supporting Member

Love that feature. Off to set up a New Preset template...

Frank Ritchotte likes this.
  3. JCW308

JCW308 Supporting Member

That is really strange. I hope you like the Pod Go into the FRFR108. I used to have a setup like that (Helix into two FRFR108 units) and couldn't wait to get rid of it. Different things for different people I guess. Have fun!

4. jjaaam

jjaaam Member

This.

Mine froze on the bean logo the very first time I turned it on.

5. jjaaam

jjaaam Member

Quick question since I won’t be reunited with my Pod Go for at least another week: if you’re in Stomp mode and you turn a block on ( or off) with a foot switch, then go to a different preset, then back to the original preset, are the block states saved to what they were last at?

For example, let’s say I have two presets - crunch and lead. For a particular song I add a chorus for the crunch tone, so I turn that block on. I then go to another preset for my solo. When I go back to the crunch preset, will the chorus still be on? Or will it be in the state that it was when I originally saved the preset (assuming I saved it with the chorus block off)?

If it doesn’t recall block states then I’m gonna have to rethink my setup strategy...

6. GibsonLives

GibsonLives Member

Okay, I'm lost. What's the latest firmware? Mine says "Firmware 1.01.0" upon bootup.

When I go to Line6's site, I search all available software for POD Go. it tells me a driver is available, and to install it on my computer BEFORE plugging into the Go. So, I do that, it downloads, then it just quits after finalizing install. No next screen, no instructions to plug in the USB cable, nothing.

I must not have the latest version because I only have, for example, two choruses - analog and trichorus.

Probably doesnt help that my laptop is almost ten years old and running i believe Windows 7 (i do everything in my Android phone and Nook tablet these days). What am i doing wrong? Thanks for any help.

Steve

7. bloodandtears

bloodandtears Member

I would imagine it will load the preset as it was saved... to keep track of real-time changes within each patch without them being saved ever since the unit was turned on would be a nightmare..

calebk and DanRad like this.
  8. jjaaam

jjaaam Member

Yeah...makes sense. I’ll have to rethink some things though.

9. Aahzz

Aahzz Member

Good video from Steve Sterlacci here on setting up the OD block as an overdrive :)

TrickinSid, Panders and gitfiddler like this.
  10. Frank Ritchotte

Frank Ritchotte Member

Release Notes
    POD Go 1.10 includes general bug fixes and improvements, and is strongly recommended for all POD Go owners.

Installing POD Go Edit 1.10
    Updating to 1.10
    Updating POD Go
    1. Connect POD Go to your Mac or PC via USB and turn it on.
    2. Launch the version of POD Go Edit you installed in Step 1 above.
    3. Click “Check for updates” at the bottom of the window.
    4. Log into your Line 6 account and a dialog panel appears, reading “An update is available for your POD Go. Would you like to update now?”
    5. Click “Update Now.” POD Go Edit asks if you want to create a backup of your existing user presets. Click “OK” and then “Create Backup.” Once the backup is completed, click “OK.”
    6. Carefully read the End User License Agreement (haaa hahaha!) and click “OK.”
    7. Click “Update.” While updating, POD Go’s display slowly fades to gray. Once the update is complete, POD Go restarts automatically.
    Bug Fixes
    • Lots
    • Seriously, lots. Definitely upgrade to 1.10. But you’re reading this right now, so… cool.
    Known Issues
    • While updating the firmware, we haven’t yet made a cute little “Updating…” graphic. Instead, the screen slowly fades to gray
    • On rare occasions, POD Go can fail to fully boot up. Just turn it off and back on again and all should be well.
    • The Tuner’s Output parameter does not currently affect audio from the AMP OUT jack
    • On rare occasions, after swapping the locations of two stomp footswitches, pressing one switch may display parameters for the other
    • Pitch/Synth > Simple Pitch and Dual Pitch can exhibit subtle artifacts when the Delay parameter is set between 0.4 and 0.7
    • A minor pop can be heard when selecting IRs while audio is present
    • POD Go does not need a driver to work with your Mac; just plug in and go. However, it is currently limited to a sample rate of 48kHz. Line 6 is working carefully with Apple and will provide a driver that supports sample rates up to 96kHz.

Compatible OS: Mac OS X, Windows 7, Windows 8, Mac OS Mavericks, Mac OS Yosemite, Windows 10, Mac OS El Capitan, macOS Sierra, macOS High Sierra, macOS Mojave, macOS Catalina

GibsonLives likes this.
  11. Gandalf5150

Gandalf5150 Member

Hey guys. I need to wait till 20th June, probably, in the UK before I can get a Pod Go, but I'm desperate to hear a good clean tone. Maybe a nice bright Fender twin, or anything that just sounds like the REAL DEAL.
    Has anyone seen/heard a real GOOD clean sound from either Helix/Stomp/Pod Go?
    I thought I'd found perfection on the opening of this clip...
    Unfortunately they're not using amp/cab sims, so it actually IS the real deal lol.

12. Aahzz

Aahzz Member

My song I Didn't Stop you at the link below was all done through my LT - the rhythm guitars were done on a Twin preset that I think sounds pretty dang good. Same with the rhythm parts on my cover of Oh Sweet Nuthin.

https://www.soundclick.com/artist/default.cfm?bandID=938855

13. scook

scook Supporting Member

Too bad Anderson's didn't shoot an IR of that cab/mic!

Gandalf5150 likes this.
  14. Gandalf5150

Gandalf5150 Member

Thank you Aahzz. Yeah, it sounds good, I'm just looking for a REAL GOOD isolated clean patch so I can REALLY HEAR it. There are LOADS of great CRUNCHY/SOLO sounds in the various demos I've heard, but I haven't, personally, heard a REAL GOOD clean tone. I'm sure they're possible, I just haven't found one yet, and I'm impatient to hear lol

Panders, DanRad and Aahzz like this.
  15. GibsonLives

GibsonLives Member

Frank, thank you! I've copy/pasted the instructions into an email, and will give it a whirl when I get home.
    Steve

16. the swede

the swede Member

I would definitively NOT do that with the EQ block in the Go :D Its a great method though, but id rather preserve the locked EQ type block for using post amp and/or post effects.

17. Ringo

Ringo Supporting Member

Well we are not really gigging for the foreseeable future, so the HR should be fine and if we do gig down the road it probably will be loud enough, also could always run the PODGO into the PA.
    I just think running a modeler into a modeling amp seems like too much, the Katana Artist isn't cheap new.

What didn't you like about the Headrush speakers? I don't expect it to sound exactly like analog pedals into a tube amp but for my needs should be fine.

18. Aahzz

Aahzz Member

From another perspective, I adore the Go through the FRFR 108. Haven't used the Go with a band yet, but have used my LT with the band through the 108 and not only was I happy with it, the other guitarist, who is something of a boutique tube snob, also loved it. As the Go sounds identical to the LT, it should work just fine as well. Just be sure to get the 108 up on a stand - it's boomy otherwise. I've got mine on a mini PA-type stand that gets to a great height for hearing myself :).

Panders likes this.
  19. Panders

Panders Member

That's quite a lucrative deal. Brings the total price down to 383 bucks... Hard to ignore that kinda deal. I'm unfamiliar with Pitbull Audio is that a legit place to shop?

20. Ringo

Ringo Supporting Member

I
    I bought my POD GO from them, like a lot of other places it took a long time which I don't think was their fault, but yes they are legit, the website says they have the HR FRFR108 in stock.

Sacred Cow and Panders like this.