Line 6 POD Go

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by TheSchwartz, Jan 15, 2020.

1. DanRad

DanRad Member

It’s a Lutheran (ELCA) church in Roanoke, Va. we play contemporary Christian Rock, a lot of Chris Tomlin, Third Day, Sidewall Prophets, etc.

Panders likes this.
  2. hashslingingslasher

hashslingingslasher Member

3. DanRad

DanRad Member

I wonder when we'll start seeing reviews — and more videos!

hashslingingslasher and Panders like this.
  4. Panders

Panders Member

Me too!

DanRad likes this.
  5. 13radley22

13radley22 Member

Same question about expression pedal. I have an extra fender mustang III expression pedal. Anyone have experience in using this with Helix????

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
  6. Uncle_Fester

Uncle_Fester Member

You'd probably get more replies posting this in an HX Stomp thread.

7. Amargosa

Amargosa Member

Thanks for posting that. I went to Amazon and there were four left, so I place an order. They’re gone now. My estimated delivery date says 4/20/2020. I’m a little nervous ordering from an unfamiliar company. At least MF and GC offer 45 day return. But I really need the Pod Go right now for home recording.

alpjr and Panders like this.
  8. Panders

Panders Member

Never had an issue with Amazon's return policy. I wouldn't be concerned about that. Congrats.

Amargosa, DanRad and BuleriaChk like this.
  9. BuleriaChk

BuleriaChk Silver Supporting Member

Oftentimes Amazon is merely passing the order to the vendor, but Amazon does have their own backup, especially if you have Prime. In my experience, Amazon bends over backward to make sure its customers are satisfied....

Amargosa, DanRad and Panders like this.
  10. calebk

calebk Member

For those of you who are considering a FRFR solution, I would encourage you to at least try the Amp Out jack into an effects loop of a nice combo or cab. Personally, I use a Harley Benton 1x12 with a V30 powered by a Orange Micro Terror. I use the Aux In bypassing the Orange's preamp all together. It is a completely different experience from an IR. It gives you that "amp in the room" feel.

Obviously, there's less flexibility as you'd only have 1 cab to run all of the amps through but in my case they all sound fantastic. The Harley Benton sounds really good and can be powered by a power amp pedal like the 44 Magnum or Mooer Baby Bomb.

Food for thought.

Madmax25 likes this.
  11. Frank Ritchotte

Frank Ritchotte Member

12. JCW308

JCW308 Supporting Member

I had a couple. Fantastic FRFR for the money. I got out of the FRFR scene but would still recommend them for sure.

Panders likes this.
  13. jjaaam

jjaaam Member

All I know is that I stopped getting email notifications for this thread, so I thought things were just languishing and going nowhere waiting for this thing to launch. So I check today and there's like 10 pages I haven't seen. WTF?!? Still 'watching' the thread too.

Anyone know why I might have quit getting the emails?

14. calebk

calebk Member

I stopped getting them yesterday. No idea why.

15. Madmax25

Madmax25 Member

Any news about when the Pod GO Wireless will launch? I'm holding out for that version. Would be a fantastic all-in-one unit.

16. Panders

Panders Member

My understanding is that that was a leak so I doubt any official comment will address the situation. The manual was scrubbed of any mention of the mystery box (as least I saw nothing) so I'm guessing only time will tell.

Just for myself I'm not holding out for a wireless version. In fact my hope was more so that the mystery box reference ended up being an affordable frfr (Headrush 108 competitor) unit to pair with POD GO that also reflected the price range - so around the 200 US dollar mark. Looks like no go on that speculation which is unfortunate however luckily we live in a time of options. And affordable frfr options are plenty. Besides a Headrush 108 I was also checking out some of the Presonus studio monitor line.

DanRad likes this.
  17. mudhen

mudhen Member

Just curious if anybody got tracking numbers or updates on their Pod Go pre-orders from the major retailers like Guitar Center, Sweetwater, Musicians Friend, etc. Someone posted they got a tracking number from Amazon last week. Just wondering if anybody else received tracking notices or order status updates. Last week Line 6 said the first batch of Pod Go units were being sent to retailers. I pre-ordered from Musician's Friend and have been checking my order status daily. No tracking info yet.

Panders and DanRad like this.
  18. arng1

arng1 Member

Not from Sweetwater. No charge to my account yet either.

Panders likes this.
  19. mudhen

mudhen Member

Thanks for update. Hope others will post order updates. Thought some would have received tracking number or order updates since Line 6 said last week the Pod Go units were on the way to retailers. Will wait and see if anybody else chimes in. The wait is killing me !!

Panders likes this.