Line 6 Pod HD Update - feature request

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by alp, Mar 6, 2015.

1. alp

alp Member

Dear Line 6,

Please make Cab Models available when Amp Models are disabled. Adding a Neutral "Power Amp" model with a single volume knob, like the one on the Pod Farm would also work. I've used that feature a lot on Pod Farm when i wanted to use my other preamps, or my amps' effects send out for recordings with great results. With the new coming global 3 band parametric EQ with high and low pass filters, this feature may become very handy. I am guessing that Cab & Mic portion is separated from amps by design so i think it wouldn't take so much effort to add this feature.

I am going to post this also on line6.ideascale.com, i am just waiting a confirmation for my sign in from moderators. I will be very happy to see this feature on my Pod HD500x if it's possible. This could make things a lot easier for me and i am sure other users would also appreciate it.

In case you are listening, thanks..

Best regards,

Alp

2. nicolasrivera

nicolasrivera Silver Supporting Member

That was my very first dissapointment when i first tried it... i dont think they will change this, i have asked it many years ago.

3. Digital Igloo

Digital Igloo Member

Oddly enough, I don't seem to remember hearing this request before. Send me the IdeaScale link and I'll vote it up. Cheers! :)

4. Tmidiman

Tmidiman Member

HD can't do this? I know out can turn amps off in the Pod X3 and just use the cabs. Interesting.

5. 3dognate

3dognate Supporting Member

The Neutral Power Amp with just a volume control would be good for Acoustic patches with no Cabinet as well.

6. alp

alp Member

Thanks for your interest Digital Igloo. It's great to be able to contact you guys on these boards. I submitted this request on ideascale, here is the link:
    http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/POD-HD-Cab-Models-without-Amp-Models/706856-23508

Thanks a lot :aok

This sounds interesting, i'll give this a try as soon as possible. Thanks a lot Ringleader42. :beer

7. Digital Igloo

Digital Igloo Member

8. alp

alp Member

Ringleader42, i tried your suggestion, it is quite usable. However, even with the channel volume maxed, there is a significant volume drop as you adjust preamp gain to keep things clean. I also tried full amp model of Flip Top (pre + power), it is louder but still not as loud as the signal fed into amp model.

Despite the transparency and volume drop issues, as i tried to adjust amp eq as flat as possible, HD500x's cab models sounded good with my external analog preamps, very good sounds can be achieved this way. But i still think a flat power amp model would be more easier to keep signal strong and clear.

Thanks a lot for the advice. I had some good sounds this evening with a new approach on this unit . :aok

9. alp

alp Member

Highly appreciated, thanks :)