Line 6 Powercab 112 And Powercab 112 Plus!!!

coderKen

Silver Supporting Member
Cool! So you can change mic models (I thought the stock simulated mic was a 57)? For such a simple looking box, there is a ton to learn.

Had NO idea you could change mic and distance on the PC. That might be a game changer for me. That would be for the direct out sound correct?

I'm assuming this is just the PC+ though?

I believe this is the PC+ only, yes.

weshunter

Silver Supporting Member
Just played around with it for a little while and cranked it up pretty loud. I was getting a little rattle/buzz when I got it loud. The rattle is proportionate to the volume. Think that's a normal break in consideration? @Frank Ritchotte @DougDoppler et al? Not sure I would have noticed it on a gig but it's definitely there regardless of powercab mode or Helix patch. Not a deal breaker, but I'd rather it wasn't there.

@Karl Houseknecht does your do this?

EDIT: just made some iphone clips - you can hear it best after the decay, it's not unlike the oft discussed squirrels.

Last edited:

Steely Glen

Silver Supporting Member
Just played around with it for a little while and cranked it up pretty loud. I was getting a little rattle/buzz when I got it loud. The rattle is proportionate to the volume. Think that's a normal break in consideration? @Frank Ritchotte @DougDoppler et al? Not sure I would have noticed it on a gig but it's definitely there regardless of powercab mode or Helix patch. Not a deal breaker, but I'd rather it wasn't there.

Fingers crossed on this one. I fought a fan rattle in a couple of L6 L2T units I had. I loved that speaker but eventually went with an Atomic CLR as a result.

ChrisVereb

Sorry if this has been asked before, but there's 100+ pages here and a few other threads going at the same time....

So if the powercab is running one of it's speaker models, and the signal is pre-processed to compensate for the sound of it's own cab/drivers so that the the result sounds like the output of a 1x12 combo with speaker of choice in the room with you...won't the DI signal now sound "off" once it's run through the FOH system that doesn't have same characteristics of the powercab?

mbenigni

These are the kinds of things that keep me up at night LOL. Usually rattles like this will get worse rather than better over time. But 9x out of 10 it's fixable - just a cable that's routed improperly and needs to be moved and taped down or whatever. But if it's not easily fixed - i.e. if getting inside the cab is too much of a hassle - and it gets on your nerves, you might have to look into getting a replacement.

EDIT: Sorry, disregard what I wrote earlier. Finally read your post carefully and listened to your clip. Obviously not a loose wire or anything mechanical. Sounds more like a misaligned speaker coil or something. Or it could just be down to gain staging in your Helix presets? Have you experimented with other presets, different output settings, etc?

Last edited:

JN99

Silver Supporting Member
I hadn't seen that and can't find it on their site. Have a link?

Yeah, it was news to me so I just checked their site and nothing. In fact, last entry on their "news" page is from 2016(!) Saw a recent post on their fb page talking about it. I hate fb, it is ruining the web. But I digress...

LordByron

The Dude abides!

@Karl Houseknecht does your do this?

EDIT: just made some iphone clips - you can hear it best after the decay, it's not unlike the oft discussed squirrels.

I'm not hearing it on my (s#itty) computer speakers, but will give your clips a listen with headphones when I can.
So far I hove not noticed anything buzzy/squirelly from my PC+, but listen more carefully when I get a few minutes with it this evening.

weshunter

Silver Supporting Member
These are the kinds of things that keep me up at night LOL. Usually rattles like this will get worse rather than better over time. But 9x out of 10 it's fixable - just a cable that's routed improperly and needs to be moved and taped down or whatever. But if it's not easily fixed - i.e. if getting inside the cab is too much of a hassle - and it gets on your nerves, you might have to look into getting a replacement.

EDIT: Sorry, disregard what I wrote earlier. Finally read your post carefully and listened to your clip. Obviously not a loose wire or anything mechanical. Sounds more like a misaligned speaker coil or something. Or it could just be down to gain staging in your Helix presets? Have you experimented with other presets, different output settings, etc?

the one i used there is simply the deluxe normal on the stock settings with no cab - not a lot of places for gain staging issues

i asked frank about it and he said it didn't sound right to him. I've contacted Sweetwater and am going to exchange it. If this goes smoothly, I will consider them alive again :)

Yeah, it was news to me so I just checked their site and nothing. In fact, last entry on their "news" page is from 2016(!) Saw a recent post on their fb page talking about it. I hate fb, it is ruining the web. But I digress...

Ahh, no biggy. I was curious, but not interested. I know what I want.

Watt McCo

Anyone else see that Panama Amps is preparing a cab for flat response output for modelers? Thoughts?
"made with tropical hardwoods for the enhanced resonance everyone looks for in an FRFR!!!"

On a serious note, the baffle on my Panama cab is split in like 3 places...there's a time and a place for pretty, exotic hardwoods but speaker baffle is not one of them, apparently. Other than that its a really cool cab.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom