Line 6 Powercab 112 And Powercab 112 Plus!!!

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by DougDoppler, Apr 11, 2018.

1. maurizio

maurizio Member

In practice band my helix volume knob 100% open but in this case the powercab led is often red! If i low the volume knob in helix o powercab
    I can not feel good in the overall mix! My band is two guitar, bass and drum (punk rock cover band)! how do I adjust it with the various settings?

2. 68Injunhed

68Injunhed Supporting Member

No, still doesn't work.

3. MixMinisterMike

MixMinisterMike Supporting Member

I'd be careful - the "tolex" on them is very soft.
    Simply putting my Axe-FX III on top of my PowerCab+ left an indentation mark on it, and it weighs far less than another PowerCab!

hotrats73 and mbenigni like this.
  4. drew365

drew365 Supporting Member

You have to keep the input to the PC low enough to not be hitting the red too often. Then crank the PC master up to compensate. If that is not loud enough, then you have a problem that needs another solution. I'm in a pretty loud cover band, and my PC+ keeps up okay. If your band is louder than us, you will have a problem with the venue's complaining.

LordByron likes this.
  5. Holdsworthy

Holdsworthy Member

If you are using the mp3 input on the PC to play a backing track or whatever, you would want that thru FRFR mode. Can you use that mode for playback and simultaneously use one of the cab models in the PC for guitar (non-FRFR mode)?

6. maurizio

maurizio Member

You have to keep the input to the PC low enough to not be hitting the red too often. Then crank the PC master up to compensate... Drew365
    can you explain to me how to do this? I'm not very practical!

7. Screamin Willie

Screamin Willie Member

IME the Powercab works best with a strong, steady signal. This means steady Green, occasional Orange, never Red.

Disable the Helix volume knob controlling the signal going to the Power cab. Use the channel volume in the Helix amp model of your Preset to get a solid green, occasional orange signal light on the Powercab. Use the Powercab volume knob or MIDI Expression input to the Powercab from Helix to control stage volume.

8. Frank Ritchotte

Frank Ritchotte Silver Supporting Member

Gents would you mind logging this? I can’t find any other reports and engineering would like to get some more details.

9. Screamin Willie

Screamin Willie Member

There is one paradigm folks need to overcome with controlling the Powercab's volume.

You can not use the Helix volume knob like you were feeding an FRFR PA speaker. The Powercab is a different beast and has different needs.

I am hopeful when we get MIDI over L6 Link that we will be able to control the PC Master Volume (CC#7) with Helix' volume knob. It's a no-brainer, really. I'm sure the folks at Line 6 will get it right.

Then I'll be able to free up one expression input.

10. jklotz

jklotz Supporting Member

I just looked at mine. It will certainly fit on top, but you won't be able to get to the volume knob or menu buttons on the bottom one. It don't think they designed it to be used that way, but you can.

hotrats73 and LordByron like this.
  11. maurizio

maurizio Member

how disable the helix volume knob?
    about the volume of the channel; do you mean the master volume of the amplifier I use in the preset?and if i use more amps in this preset?

12. Screamin Willie

Screamin Willie Member

Helix Menu > Global Settings > Ins/Outs > Page 3 > Volume Knob Controls = Anything but the output you are feeding to the Powercab

No, the "Channel Volume" of the amplifier that you use in the Preset. If you use more amps in the Preset, use the Channel Volume on each amp for leveling. For leveling, it helps to use the meters in your DAW if you have one.

13. maurizio

maurizio Member

Must i disabile output that i'm feeding to the Powercab?

14. Screamin Willie

Screamin Willie Member

On the Helix volume knob? Yes.

I mean, you don't HAVE to. You can keep doing it the way you've been doing it, that is just my suggestion.

15. hotrats73

hotrats73 Member

thank you, guys.

16. Frank Ritchotte

Frank Ritchotte Silver Supporting Member

17. maurizio

maurizio Member

But why not some tutorial videos on helix White powercab?

18. hotdogs

hotdogs Member

What are the differences between this Powercab Pro and the Firehawk 1500, in the context of using with a Helix? I saw that the firehawk is currently on sale at the same price as the powercab pro so I was wondering if that makes it worth getting instead even if I didn’t want to use any of the amp/effect modeling.

19. bdrepko

bdrepko Supporting Member

I finally got my PC+ yesterday after a month and a half wait. I have to say that it sounded great on just about any setting I tried it on. I had it hooked up to my AXE3. The LF Flat setting was a little dull, but I am used to running through an Alto TS115. I am sure that can be dialed out in the AXE3 easily enough. FRFR mode sounded great running cab sims on the AXE3 with Ownhammer 412 MAR CB EVM IR's. I played around with a few of the speaker models and was able to get some really great sounds using the Green and Cream models. I quickly went through them and these were the ones that stuck out. I need to go back through and spend more time with them. I haven't tried IR mode yet. One thing I would like to try is to use the same IR in the AXE3 cab block and loaded in the PC+ to see if there is any noticeable difference. So far, I would have to say I am pretty happy with the sounds I am getting. I really like the fact that it sounds good in more than just one mode, which makes it very flexible.

20. shred440

shred440 Member

I'm trying to put the MBritt IRs from the preset pack onto my Powercab. But they are not working. There is no sound. It says they are 48kHz. Could I be doing something wrong?