• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Line 6 Relay wireless system

echos

Been thinking about getting a wireless system so I can have more freedom on stage. Not that I'm a wild man or anything. I've been leary about converting to wireless because of all the "stuff" I hear just about the quality of cables. But, the Relay digital system seems pretty legit and I heard a comparison from DolphinStreet that sounded like it was spot on.

Has anybody tired one of these? Any thoughts about wireless in general? Thanks.

ecbluesman54

I have one, and have used it for quite awhile now. No issues, works great, i'm very happy I made the change.

Valus

No issues with mine either. Sounds great, and nothing beats not getting tangled up in your cord anymore.

joeburke

There was just a thread about this in the recording/live sound forum about a week ago, and the relay seemed to be a unanimous choice...If I were looking for a wireless system personally, i'd start there.

mikeller

I have a Relay 30 - think it sounds fantastic. I have had a couple incidents where it momentarily cuts out for a note or two

1moreknob

Gold Supporting Member
Got one last year, highly recommended. I bought the G50, nice to know exactly how long you have left on the batteries. FYI, the 2 AA in this unit last twice as long as the 9v did in the audio technica units I had before

doublescale1

Suhr S-Classic, V60LP's, Soft V neck
Gold Supporting Member
Had that digital system before Line6 bought them - they are great. I did plenty of cord/digital wireless comparisons and found no loss of signal from low to hi. I got mine after I pulled a Les Paul off a stand on stage when my cord accidentally got tangled around the stand base. I was so lucky with just a slight surface dent that a little clear coat filled in. Small space, cramped stage area's are a perfect reason to go wireless - less spaghetti on the floor is a good thing.

groovadelic

I love being able to walk around the venue while playing during sound check. The tone is dead on - I played an Audio Technica years ago (a lot more $ than a relay 30) and it was awful.

Lance Romance

I have been using the G30 and it is the best sounding wireless I have used. No high end loss at all. Battery life is awesome, and I love the fact that I can use any 1/4 cable with it.

jaymeister

The line 6 units are great. High end loss hasn't been the issue for me, but some reduction in mids needs to be compensated for. Now I'm comparing against an EA cable, so YMMV.

Trending Topics