Line 6 rotomachine double as a vibe?? if not, what are good leslie/vibes for FX loop

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by re-animator, Feb 12, 2008.

1. re-animator

re-animator Senior Member

Looking for a cool vibe or leslie pedal... preferably one that can do both so as not to be redundant.

basically i'm looking for something that could be used for some subtle textural effects on my lead playing (as well as adding depth), and of course classic/semi classic Hendrix/Harrison embellishment on my clean chordal stuff.

I would prefer something that works well in the FX loop since I want to use it post-dirt for the textural stuff.

I might be looking at a two-pedal job though... one chorus and one vibe...

a modern/80s sounding wide chorus for big spatial Neal Schon type sound (small clone??) to go after dirt, and a true vibe to go out front to work on my clean signal as well as my half-clean sound. I'd rather not go this route because I use enough pedals as it is :p

you think the rotomachine could do the job??

2. SonicVI

SonicVI Member

If you want Leslie and Vibe in one pedal try the Boss RT-20 or Line 6 MM4.

3. FatTeleTom

FatTeleTom Member

Digitech EX-7 Expression Factory can also do both Uni-Vibe and Leslie sounds. I've never tried it in the effects loop, but it sounds great out front.

4. frank4001

frank4001 Member

I like the Rotomachine allot...you need good power supply though or it will hum....I've been using one for about a year now gigging local and have had no problems..It does add some gain like a real Leslie would but its adjustable...stereo outs which I've yet to try...The real hard ass Leslie guys may goof on it so you can get a used one cheap. But I'm getting good Leslie/trememlo stuff out of it...I've been playing covers so I need it for a few things. Bang for the buck...worth a try.

5. re-animator

re-animator Senior Member

I tried the vibe on the rt20 and it was disgusting... thinking about MM4, but it may be as unreliable as a dl4 and thats not a good thing... also its huge.

perhaps a rotovibe is a good choice... hadn't thought of that one. i bet i could find one at GC to try out.

6. Jason Lynn

Jason Lynn Member

Rotomachine will not do a vibe sound. It does the whirly speaker but not the thump & lump.

7. mcholley

mcholley Member

FYI..

I have always found that the Leslie pedals sound great in the loop, but Vibe's should be before the preamp - of course there are no rules....

Just my 2 cents...

Mark