Line 6 Spider IV 75 Watts

kena48

I have really taking a liking to my daughter's new amp. At $299, I keep wondering why it sounded so good.

Must be that Celestion 75Watt speaker along with the amp modeling?

kena48

I would think it may need to me mic'ed into a PA system unless it's a small place. It's amazing how much sound 25 or 50 peple can absorb.

For instance, a guitar and 75W amp will run you out of the same room, but add 25 human bodies standing there with side conversations, and all of a sudden, you need a bigger amp.

Hmm. I owned the 15 watt version for 2 years and failed to get a single good tone out of it. Maybe the extra watts does it some good, or we just have different ears. All I know is that I'll never use Line6 again.

Scott57

Hmm. I owned the 15 watt version for 2 years and failed to get a single good tone out of it. Maybe the extra watts does it some good, or we just have different ears. All I know is that I'll never use Line6 again.

I'm sure the guys in the Modeling section could be more specific but I believe the 75 watt (and above) units had a newer/better/more advanced modeling system than the 15 and 30 watts.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom