Line 6 Toneport ?

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by dmbandtimmy, Sep 4, 2005.

1. dmbandtimmy

dmbandtimmy Member

I have been wanting to get something to record vocals, drums and guitar (pod xt) with. A buddy of mine recommended a RNC, RNP, Motu MKII, Studio projects C1, Behringer ADA8000 Ultragain Pro-8, and some monitors. However, right now I can't afford this set up and I just ran across this : http://www.line6.com/toneport/ . I am thinking about going with the Studio Projects C1, Toneport and the Behringer ADA8000. But, I was wondering if anyone could tell me if I could use the Behringer ADA8000
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7...ase_pid/182483/ for extra inputs with the Toneport. I know my buddy uses the Motu with the Behringer, but I'm not sure if the Toneport will. If anyone could help me out I would really apprecaite it as I would like to have a lot of inputs to record drums. Thanks!

2. TAVD

TAVD Guitar Player Gold Supporting Member

If you want to integrate the ada8000 into a recording system, I'd recommend an interface with adat input & output (like the motu). There are a bunch using firewire or pci protocols.

3. tonefreak

tonefreak Member

I'm personally looking forward to the TonePort by Line 6! Mainly from a mic pre modelling perspective. I also have a very limited budget and cannot afford lunch boxing API, Neve or Telefunken Mic pre's and EQ modules.

TonePort will definitely not replace a great 'lunch box', but if the Line 6 engineers approached this project with equal enthusiam as they have expressed with the POD line of products, I feel this unit will sound fine.

I'm going to use this for mostly vocals and I've always believed that the performance will carry the track, not the equipment used to record it.

4. jzucker

jzucker Supporting Member

Disappointing to see that they're using USB for the computer interface which is fraught with latency problems. The Guitar Port for example has terrible latency using USB. Hopefully, it's at least USB2

5. Jeff Flowerday

Jeff Flowerday Member

Yah, the Port was horrible for latency. I kept mine for 1 hour and returned it.