Line 6 Vetta Delay tap tempo reset noises?!?!

porticoguitar1

Silver Supporting Member
My first amp was the brand new "greatest amp of all time" called the Line 6 Vetta. Remember that gem? Well, I used to have one, floorboard midi controller and all. When I would use certain delay models (can't remember which ones - it's been a while), the resetting tempo would make what my friend described as a "laser gun" sound. During solos I would end up tapping out the tempo again just to have that laser thing shoot over the sound. I have not been able to find any other delay that can do that. Anyone else had this experience or can recommend a delay that does a cool reset tap tempo thing would be awesome. Something I could possibly get out of an M5 maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jfarabee

It seems like this would be the sort of thing that happens when you adjust the time on an analog delay. I can get some pretty cool sounds by changing the delay time on my carbon copy while I am playing. I never heard those sounds out of my M13, though. The tap tempo on that was clean.

NHBluesMan

It seems like this would be the sort of thing that happens when you adjust the time on an analog delay. I can get some pretty cool sounds by changing the delay time on my carbon copy while I am playing. I never heard those sounds out of my M13, though. The tap tempo on that was clean.
^ this. I think alot of companies try to avoid having that sound happen now. You can get it from twisting the delay knob on analog pedals, but i don't know of any tap tempo pedals that do it

StepAudio

Yeah with any analog delay the sound is literally in the circuit so if you change the delay time you hear it ramp up or down to the new time. With a lot of repeats the effect is more pronounced.

If you use a Tap Tempo controller for the Carbon Copy you get that effect (there's no way around it). You also get that effect if you call up a Carbon Copy preset that is at a different tempo.

.:. Bill

porticoguitar1

Silver Supporting Member
Thanks, Bill. That is what I have tried to emulate and have had many analog delays including the CC (just not modded out like you guys do). I can get the speed up/down thing pretty easy. What I can't seem to get is the seemingly random "fly away" delay tail that would shoot off from tapping any rhythm. It would even happen on the first tap. What I'm trying to determine is if my olde Vetta (v1 with no firmware updates ever) was actually glitching with the tap button or if there is anyone else who has experience with whatever the heck I'm talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Topics