Line 6 What are you waiting for?

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by kennywiegman, Feb 17, 2015.

1. kennywiegman

kennywiegman Member

I am only one person but I would like to speak for all of the people that have your products that may have been slightly interested by your leaking of information about a "firmware update 2.6" myth. Launch it already and stop making us wait. By the end of March I will be more busy playing music and not the least bit interested in having to redo all of my patches( and even less interested in plunking down the $100 for more amp models). Launch it and stop dragging your feet!
    :waiting

2. 3dognate

3dognate Supporting Member

I second that motion... I too am in a down time gigging... Come Q2 I'll have little time for futzing with things.

Though I am patient... but letting the cat out of the bag about an update... that's just asking to get nagged to bring it on fast.

3. mikah912

mikah912 Member

Really? How many products announced at NAMM 2015 (where said firmware update was announced) have been released for purchase?

And how many are still waiting? In fact, isn't this forum tittering for one announced at NAMM 2014 that still isn't out?

4. kennywiegman

kennywiegman Member

Mikah, no offense, but I am only worried about Line6 and not NAMM. Check their website, it's announced there

5. Lain

Lain Member

Leave Line6, the best company ever, alone!
    It's better to wait a bit than to get buggy firmware.

6. mikah912

mikah912 Member

Let me phrase it a different way:

Being that their firmware update opens a new revenue stream in the form of add-on model packs that can be bought by the kazillions of Pod HD owners out there, do you think it's more likely that:

A) Line 6 is just farting around and is uncaring that you want their new firmware now because you "have some downtime" or "a hole in your schedule"?

or

B) Line 6 is doing everything to get the firmware out to end users as soon as humanly possible given the financial incentive involved, and wants to satisfy all of those waiting with a useful update?

Nobody is saying Line 6 is flawless, but software update timetables shift all of the time. Revalver 4 took forever to ship from announcement to when it could be bought. Boss took a few months in between when they announced the new feature-packed firmware for the GT-100 series and when it could be downloaded. It happens.

I don't think 30 days is some maddeningly unreasonable delay period. That's all it's been thus far.

7. partytrain

partytrain Member

JJ Abrams, what are you waiting for?

Quit dragging your feet and release Episode 7. I am not gigging this Friday, so I have time to watch it!

8. Baba

Baba Supporting Member

Actually, I read that he requested pushing the release date up, earlier than December.

9. kennywiegman

kennywiegman Member

Give em an inch and they'll take a mile. I like results not maybe it'll be done we we tell you it's done. But that's just me, and JR Abrams is kinda overrated

10. phil_m

phil_m Supporting Member

They've said it would be available in March ever since it was first announced. They can't really win. If they don't tell people a date, people get mad. If they tell people a date, they also get mad... :huh

11. mikah912

mikah912 Member

Here's where you screwed up:

You didn't account for the fact that a couple of guys would have some free time between January and March.

How amateur hour can ya get, Line 6?!?

12. kennywiegman

kennywiegman Member

It's a lot like the cable guy. Sometime between 9am and 5pm. Just keep waiting and we'll be there. I am late to the Line6 game and I'm glad I wasn't before the addition of the Soldano amps but that was a long time coming when it came from what I have read on here. Give a concrete date. I'm impressed with the patient loyalty of the owners that tolerate this kind of behavior. I am not patient obviously and just have a hard time understanding what other fine tuning needs to be done. The worst part is that it will probably be a whole Lotta nothing and I whacked the bees have for one more eq that will be as confusing ad the 8 already in the box:jo

13. VCuomo

VCuomo Member

:agree
    I take it you don't know much about software development and testing...

14. kennywiegman

kennywiegman Member

Nope . Just a consumer with high expectations

15. benvigil

benvigil Member

Personally, I think Nissan should release the 2016 Leaf... now!

I mean, EVERYBODY knows you're going to release it so launch it already and stop making us wait. By the end of April my lease will be up and I'm not the least bit interested in the 2015 model. Launch it and stop dragging your feet!

Just a consumer.

16. kennywiegman

kennywiegman Member

Wow.... do you get a free t-shirt for proving how patient and understanding you are? I'm glad Nissan is making guitar gear too btw

17. Rockfiddler

Rockfiddler Member

Everyone was waiting for an update on the Pod. They released the Firehawk at NAMM.

"What about the Pod??"
    "Well, we do have an update in the works, but it won't be ready until March, since we are rolling out a new model pack system that will work with the new firmare, giving you more amps and the option to customize your product even more."
    "Oh, cool. We can live with that. Thanks for letting us know."

Went no imaginary conversation in the head of a Pod user ever...

18. TD_Madden

TD_Madden Gold Supporting Member

Kendrick Lion VII....available now.

:hide

19. Digital Igloo

Digital Igloo Member

I just assumed OP was joking. :dunno

20. kennywiegman

kennywiegman Member

No jokes from me, but I always get a good laugh from the angry mob if someone steps out of line to ask. Why the dramatic wait? What else needs to happen before the firmware is released?