• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Line6 Helix

flyingbird

Hey all Helix users:

Just bought a Helix and have a few questions. If asked those questions somewhere else, I apologise:

(1) Can Helix replace my Boomerang Looper? I need at least two loops-- verse and chorus. Can helix act like Boomerang serial mode? means Once it finishes Verse, it goes to Chorus loop automatically. Of course I need to press chorus loop button at any point before it finishes the verse loop, no need to press exactly when verse finishes. it gives me time to change effects.

(2) The sales rep said I could apply effect on vocal, so how does it work? reverb delay is easy to understand and apply, can I use other effects like one octave down or 5th above?

(3) Can helix looper receive MIDI command from a drum machine?

Thanks.

phil_m

Have you tried turning it off and on again?
Gold Supporting Member
Hey all Helix users:

Just bought a Helix and have a few questions. If asked those questions somewhere else, I apologise:

(1) Can Helix replace my Boomerang Looper? I need at least two loops-- verse and chorus. Can helix act like Boomerang serial mode? means Once it finishes Verse, it goes to Chorus loop automatically. Of course I need to press chorus loop button at any point before it finishes the verse loop, no need to press exactly when verse finishes. it gives me time to change effects.

(2) The sales rep said I could apply effect on vocal, so how does it work? reverb delay is easy to understand and apply, can I use other effects like one octave down or 5th above?

(3) Can helix looper receive MIDI command from a drum machine?

Thanks.
1) The Helix's looper is a single phrase looper, so you don't have the ability to record multiple parts like this. You just record one loop at a time and layer different parts over it. So, no, it doesn't sound like it will be able to replace your Boomerang looper.

2) You can use and effect you want on vocals. The mic input can be assigned as the input for any of the paths running through the Helix, so you really just apply effects to those paths like you would a guitar or anything else.

3) You can control all of the looper's transport commands (play, stop, record, etc) via MIDI, but as of now, there is no MIDI sync capability with the looper. Actually, the Helix doesn't do have any MIDI clock capability yet. But even if it did, historically, Line 6 has never had anything like tying the looper tempo to MIDI clock or quantization.

necroHamster

<snip> Actually, the Helix doesn't do have any MIDI clock capability yet. But even if it did, historically, Line 6 has never had anything like tying the looper tempo to MIDI clock or quantization.
Which doesn't mean it's not an awesome feature to implement.
I'm actually eager to see the Helix support MIDI clock as thoroughly as possible. That'd help a lot with certain live situations.
I know, I know... Ideascale...
Cheers!

phil_m

Have you tried turning it off and on again?
Gold Supporting Member
Which doesn't mean it's not an awesome feature to implement.
I'm actually eager to see the Helix support MIDI clock as thoroughly as possible. That'd help a lot with certain live situations.
I know, I know... Ideascale...
Cheers!
I'd be surprised if MIDI clock isn't on their relatively near-term to-do list. Syncing the looper with the MIDI, on the other hand... I don't know. Seems like one of those features that might be nice, but in the end probably only matters to a small handful of users. Like anything, it matters if you're in that small handful, I suppose.

flyingbird

1) The Helix's looper is a single phrase looper, so you don't have the ability to record multiple parts like this. You just record one loop at a time and layer different parts over it. So, no, it doesn't sound like it will be able to replace your Boomerang looper.

2) You can use and effect you want on vocals. The mic input can be assigned as the input for any of the paths running through the Helix, so you really just apply effects to those paths like you would a guitar or anything else.

3) You can control all of the looper's transport commands (play, stop, record, etc) via MIDI, but as of now, there is no MIDI sync capability with the looper. Actually, the Helix doesn't do have any MIDI clock capability yet. But even if it did, historically, Line 6 has never had anything like tying the looper tempo to MIDI clock or quantization.
Thanks.

I haven't tried mic yet. Do you think it's necessary to keep TC helicon GTX?

big_aug

I want a new high gain amp. I have some patches I'm satisfied with and I stopped tweaking and experimenting. I need a new one.

Maybe I'll put lots of pedals or something on one of the semi clean amps and see what happens.

shawnshack

I want a new high gain amp. I have some patches I'm satisfied with and I stopped tweaking and experimenting. I need a new one.

Maybe I'll put lots of pedals or something on one of the semi clean amps and see what happens.
Have you tried the Engl amp? That is my go to high gain amp. I'm not sure what type of music you play, so it may or may not fit.

gtr37

I am a hi gain guy to and hope for 1 or 2 in next update.
IMO for me all Helix is missing

The Freidman HBE hot rodded Marshall
The Mesa MKV with M2c+ and MK4 voicings
and the Modern Deizel VH4.

those added and I think it would have all most need

mattball826

I am a hi gain guy to and hope for 1 or 2 in next update.
IMO for me all Helix is missing

The Freidman HBE hot rodded Marshall
The Mesa MKV with M2c+ and MK4 voicings
and the Modern Deizel VH4.

those added and I think it would have all most need
Put a tube screamer in front of the JCM with an eq boost and you get closer to an HBE model.

Mesa Mk II C+ or IV models are not going to be that good. No modeler does a good Mark imo and I own several Mark series amps. What people call a Mk IV are not even close lol. More like a hybrid Recto and JCM, but nothing at all like a Mark especially the eq. imo ymmv yada yada

None of the modelers do a good VH4 either. There are so many variants of the VH4 options and no modelers I own get close. KPA might, but my own profiles or others seem to fall short. Something about those amps digital fusses up.

Jose7822

None of the modelers do a good VH4 either. There are so many variants of the VH4 options and no modelers I own get close. KPA might, but my own profiles or others seem to fall short. Something about those amps digital fusses up.
Have you tried the free Diezle VH4 profile found in the Soundside pack? I think it sounds pretty awesome.

Trending Topics