Line6 Helix

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by moonblack, Jun 11, 2015.

1. wharris

wharris Member

Sitting here at Epcot waiting for Little River Band to go on. Nothing on the stage except for a drum set, keyboard and two Helix Floors. Their tech said they love those units.

BigWave, rubytopaz, vxboogie and 22 others like this.
  2. Frank Ritchotte

Frank Ritchotte Member

Yes sir.

rubytopaz, Phnurt and LordByron like this.
  3. aruark1

aruark1 Member

[​IMG]

4. gandolf203

gandolf203 Member

Question from a newbie Helix floor owner. I would like to run a simple setup live - 1/4" out to a FRFR speaker for my use and an XLR out to the mixer for FOH. Is there a way to place a talk box somewhere in this? When I used it with an amp, it ran amp speaker out - talk box in - talk box out - amp speaker cab in. We do couple of songs which are talk box heavy and I'd like to keep it.

5. ricstudioc

ricstudioc Member

With THAT one, probably not - sounds like a vintage box, several modern ones have built-in amps and so can run from a loop. Occurs to me, tho - you might try coming out of an FX loop and into something like an EHX 44 Caliber (lil stomp-sized amp) and then into the talk box. That might do the trick -you wouldn't need (or want) to return the talk box back into the loop, the FOH picks it up from your mic, and you'd hear it in your vocal monitor.

6. Guitarzman

Guitarzman Member

Just saw this video with Foo Fighters in concert with - Alice Cooper = classic :cool:..

rubytopaz, jayson, Phnurt and 7 others like this.
  7. FlyingsCool

FlyingsCool Member

Thanks! Inspired me to learn the song!.... Ok, time for bed now, haha

rubytopaz, Phnurt and Guitarzman like this.
  8. DarrellM5

DarrellM5 Member

So this is absolutely amazing. The REVV Generator 7-40 Mk II and the Helix play very well together in 4-cable method. It's dead silent until I want to make some noise; no hiss or hum at all. It sounds incredible. I'll start playing with MIDI switching next but the REVV footswitch is so brilliant I'll probably end up keeping it alongside the Helix.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Guitarzman

Guitarzman Member

Anytime @FlyingsCool ... classics tunes never get old :)

10. ChuckR

ChuckR Member

If you bought them from someone else, yes, that's illegal. If you made them yourself, you're right. You own them and you can do what you want with them.

FlyingsCool likes this.
  11. MusicLaw

MusicLaw Member

12. BjarneDa

BjarneDa Member

Oh roll back is really easy everyone should learn how to do this especially if there is something wrong with the new firmware like it was on 2.5.3 when changing channel on amps didnt work..
    To roll back you simply use line 6 updater in offline mode you have to dl the flash memory file = firmware from L6 download site and choose the firmware you want to roll back to

You can go back to firmware 1.0.6 if you wantto.

BUT i guess you also need to dl the "matching editor" for those early firmware like 1.9 or 2.0 the new HX editor works with previouse firmaware but i guess earlyer than 2.5 is not gonna work

The first few firmware,s didn't have an editor to edit presets on your computer they just had a utility app so you could load in IR from your computer.

And YES sonically nothing has changed on the "legacy" amps or cabs for that matters i bet also the effects
    And i cant really see they have changed the "perimeters" (a.k.a make the cab more 3D or bigger in size or whatever you may call it, as that is the description i get when i translate "perimeter" to my native language) as that would really changed the sound

Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
    mbenigni and LordByron like this.
  13. Frank Ritchotte

Frank Ritchotte Member

A friend from the Facebook group, Ken, plays with Alice on all his Euro dates and is a Helix Guy. Some great shots of Alice and Helx out there.

14. Garhel

Garhel Member

Not sure how to keep this short! I have a couple of Cu24s and a Stripped 58. The older of the Cu24s had the VB/HFS pick up combination, and although I liked the HFS for gainy sounds, I didn't like it with clean, and I really hated the VB neck pick up. I ended up swapping these out for a set of mules with coil tapping, and at the same time swapped out the rotary selector for a traditional 3 way switch. The other Cu24 and Stripped 58 both had 57/08s.

The Mules are fabulous, they sound very open, and are perhaps just a touch hotter than the 57/08s. The tapped and untapped sounds are well balanced, and compliment each other well. They sound fantastic with the Helix, I prefer these more vintage pickups generally anyway, I just find them more versatile from clean to break up to more 80s/90s rock sounds.
    Having said all of that the 57/08s are still my favourite all time pick ups, I think PRS did an amazing job of them. Compared with the Mules I would say they are even more open, and this just delivers a sweetness I love. I'm not sure you are gaining very much difference with the Mules, but I would still recommend them to anyone looking for vintage inspired humbucker tones with a convincing single coil sound when tapped. Fwiw the Cu24 with the Mules is my gigging guitar, and combined with the Helix gives me enough variety for any song we care to throw into the set, from Led Zep grunt, to Rebel Yell oomph, to some Maroon 5 sparkle!
    Think I've probably just confused things more!

AZguitar and FlyingsCool like this.
  15. PearlyGates

PearlyGates Member

I've just bought my new toy Digitech FREQ OUT this my first song with my new purchase.
    Guitar: Guitar: Squier Telecaster Classic Vibe Modded.(S.D. Quarter Pound pickups set)
    Helix Amp: Placater amp based on Friedman BE100
    IR cab: 3 Sigma Morgan 2x12"

[​IMG]

16. phil_m

phil_m Supporting Member

He's measuring the capacitance of the G10 transmitter itself, but there's also the "Cable-Tone" stuff built into the receiver that is supposed to be the equivalent of 10' of cable. On the other Line 6 wireless stuff, that can be bypassed, but on the G10, the only way to bypass it is to use the XLR out.

tmuka, Cenzo, FlyingsCool and 2 others like this.
  17. mbenigni

mbenigni Member

I think that was a spell-checker mangling of "parameters", which should translate better than "perimeters". :D

FlyingsCool and Guitarzman like this.
  18. greyhail

greyhail Member

Hey guys, I'm looking for some advice before i end up buying some cables.
    Basically I'm looking to turn my headphones jack into a in ear aux to monitor the WHOLE band.

This is what i'm thinking :
    Send: Both XLR out into the PA (2 Female XLR to 1 Male XLR)
    Return: From PA into Helix (Female XLR into 2 mono 3/4" Jacks to both Returns)

On the Helix:
    First chain on my helix would be my bass + effects into XLR OUT
    2nd chain would be from Returns 1/2 into multi (?). Or maybe 1/4 send and i route my earphones into that, not too sure.

Would this work?
    Maybe @digitaligloo can advise me on this?
    many thanks!

19. TimeSnow

TimeSnow Member

@Digital Igloo

Will definitely know!

20. Screamin Willie

Screamin Willie Member

Also, it doesn't include the cable connecting the G10 to the Helix.

No complaints here. I love my G10.

FlyingsCool, mbenigni and Guitarzman like this.